You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
idontknow123

PPI claim rejected, help with response

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4019 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Santander have responded to a mis-sold PPI claim based on a pre-existing medical condition and would like some help in regards how to respond.

This is what they said:

"In your letter you have advised that you were not asked if you suffered from a pre-existing medical condition that would have made the policy unsuitable. How please understand that having an illness prior to the cover being taken out does not exlcude you from the insurance, this simply may mean that you cannot claim for this condition in future. This information is clearly detailed in you policy."

i'd post this on the ppi forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Yes indeed. I was meant to put it there but my brain in it's infinite wisdom clicked on store cards section.

Can an admin move it please to PPI section.

Thread moved to the PPI Forum :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

What they're basically saying is that a pre-existing medical condition will not render the policy useless as you would still be covered in most cases if you were made reduntant (for example, as long as that wasn't in relation to the pre-existing medical condition).

You could maybe write back to them, thanking them for their response but add on something along the lines of

"I reiterate that I believe I was mis-sold this policy because I was Suffering from a pre-existing medical condition that could affect my insurance and was not made aware of this by the salesperson at the time."

If you’ve had medical problems in the past it's not enough to assume that you'll be able to claim a refund, the key point is whether, at the time of application, you were told this was an important part of the policy and were asked to disclose any past health issues. If you weren't asked to disclose any information, then you could have a valid case.

Make sure you get all the information from them in the form of a S.A.R

If you proceed with this without the signed contracts etc in hand and it turns out they did ask you, and you signed to acknowledge the fact, then you could be in trouble as far as fraud is concerned (im not saying that's the case, I don't even know if you've had your documents back from them, just be wary if you havn't).

• Haha 1

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Hi,

Santander have responded to a mis-sold PPI claim based on a pre-existing medical condition and would like some help in regards how to respond.

This is what they said:

"In your letter you have advised that you were not asked if you suffered from a pre-existing medical condition that would have made the policy unsuitable. How please understand that having an illness prior to the cover being taken out does not exlcude you from the insurance, this simply may mean that you cannot claim for this condition in future. This information is clearly detailed in you policy."

anyone with policy details please post.

I do not believe what I am seeing here.

So you can have a pre existing medical condition which would not exclude you from having this insurance:eek: but Simply may mean that you cannot claim for this condition in the future.

So you can have the insurance and you can have a pre existing medical condition which would not exclude you from having PPI insurance BUT but Simply may mean that you cannot claim for this condition in the future.

Define future is this nanoseconds after you agree to the policy or weeks, months etc

what a load of bullsh** IMO

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

wriggle wriggle..........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

This PPI claim are on accounts that have been paid off and closed for over a year if this makes a difference.

I tracked down the insurers of the PPI and asked them if I could have information about pre-exisitng medical conditions. There stance was that I was able to have a medical condition but still claim for example if I broke my leg or was made redundant. My only problem is that this limited to what I could claim on as my condition is a form of arthritis.

I asked if they could specify what is claimable with a pre-existing medical condition and they said to ask the creditor for the policy documents.

If anyone has policy documents from GE Money could they look to see if it gives exclusions about what type of conditions are able to be claimed on. If it doesn't then i'm in a bit of a grey area.

This PPI claim are on accounts that have been paid off and closed for over a year if this makes a difference. ( you should IMO proceed to make a claim and if they try and fob you off complain to the FOS - ensuring you send them copies of all the letters sent an received)

I tracked down the insurers of the PPI and asked them if I could have information about pre-exisitng medical conditions. There stance was that I was able to have a medical condition but still claim for example if I broke my leg or was made redundant. ( and non of this is pre existing) My only problem is that this limited to what I could claim on as my condition is a form of arthritis. (which as a non medical trained person could be classed as a pre existing medical condition)

I asked if they could specify what is claimable with a pre-existing medical condition and they said to ask the creditor for the policy documents. ( if the creditor has not provided the documents you should send a Subject Access Request with the fee of £10 and specifically ask for copies of the Consumer Credit Agreement with the terms and conditions applicable to that agreement at the time it was entered into)

If anyone has policy documents from GE Money could they look to see if it gives exclusions about what type of conditions are able to be claimed on. If it doesn't then i'm in a bit of a grey area.

If you have not already sent a SAR then time to use one of these templates.

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

and another one here...

Full SAR for ppi

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/cards.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/cards.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and wants/ customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by Link staff in their dealings with you.

Make them do the work do not accept a simple fob off letter if you had pre existing medical conditions at the point of sale then the PPI was mis-sold to you and you should claim your money back.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Is having a laugh at post 6 lol :D nicely put Alan

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.