Blackberry Storm, still unrepaired after 5 returns

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I could do with some advice on where I stand with cancelling my 18 month contract with Vodafone. Apologies, its a long one.

I purchased my Blackberry Storm at the end of last year from the website, by March it had developed an issue with the touch screen whereby It was very difficult to type the letters A and Z, making emails a pain in the arse to write.

I took the handset through to the local store who sent it off for repair (number 1) the following week later the handset came back, still faulty so I rejected it outright and had them send it back (number 2) making clear the issue was fully understood in the hope it would finally get resolved. Following week it came back, issue still not resolved so again I had it sent away and requested escalation to a senior engineer (number 3) a week later phone came back still unfixed, no explanation was offered as to why it wasn't addressed. By this time I had well and truly lost my temper with the staff (not their fault admittedly) and because I was flying to Germany on business the following day I had little choice but to sign for it in the hope I could get some use out of it.

I muddled on with the phone until June (Unfortunately work commitments and travel meant I couldn't be without my handset for more than a few days) when the headphone jack stopped working, causing intermittent audio and somehow kept on activating voice dial while in my pocket :S I took the phone back to the store who sent it off again (repair number 4) to which it returned unfixed, (the engineers flashed the software and nothing else) I rejected it, demonstrating the fault instore with no fewer than 3 different headphones in last ditch attmept to get my point across. Phone went back to Vodafone for repair number 5, finally thinking this time they would replace the handset.

Yesterday the device turned up at the store, the engineer had again merely reflashed the OS (not addressing the hardware fault) and sent it back. By this point I was absolutely livid at how incompetent one company can be. I've tried in vain to get through to their customers services dept but after 38 minutes on hold I had to give up because the boss was giving me evils.

What was once an issue with the handset is now second to the total dissatisfaction and lack of faith with Vodafone. Subsequently I have tried to cancel my contract but have been refused point blank. Where do I stand with getting my contract cancelled early, I have no issues taking it to court if possible (SoGA?).

I just do not want to deal with vodafone any longer!

You don't. Your contract covers the SIM, not the handset. You may have a good SOGA claim as long as you have kept all the service reports and times/dates it has been to the repairer. You then cobntact Vodafone precis the information and state that the handset as provided has not functioned as it should and you request an immediate replacement. Give them 28 days. Should you not recieve a replacement, you may find it a good idea to purchase a replacement, then demand they pay tou the cost (which would have to be 'reasonable') if they don't pay, then a Small Claims action should follow to make them.