You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Johndoe48

Barclays No Account Details

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Does anybody know how long Barclays hold account details for.

I sent a claim in on my account that they closed on me and I received a reply today stating that they cannot find any account details.

The claim was sent to 1 Churchill Place, London with the correct account details etc. Is this just a ploy to delay dealing with the claim or do I need to send to a different address?

Thanks

Hi JD and welcome to CAG.

How long ago was the a/c closed roughly.

It may be that they need more info to trace your a/c details such as:-

The branch that held the a/c.

The approx dates the a/c was opened and closed.

Details of any other Barclays bank or credit card a/c's.

All addresses you lived at during the period.

Your DoB.

They definately keep a/c data for 6 years and this is the time you can easily claim back charges for.

But we suspect (and in many case, we know) they keep data going abck many years beyond this.

Another approach may be to go into the branch where the a/c was held, with your passport and recent utility bills as ID. See if they can help better in tracing your a/c. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)