DPA fees when claiming hardship?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having just been hit by another £24 charge by my bank, that I was about to pay to my energy supplier to stop them threatening action, I've been stung into action to claim my charges back.

Every charge I'm hit with is taking money that should have paid off another debt, and I'm now doing a juggling act as I try to keep all my bills paid, and it's only going to get worse, as I can't pay my monthly outgoings on top of the amounts I need to pay to clear off the debts when I keep getting set back by these bank charges.

The problem being, all the templates I read recommend I put a £10 cheque in with the letter when requesting a list of charges to cover the maximum allowed DPA fee. The problem is a) I Don't have a chequeing account and b) What with all these charges and priority bills (council tax, rent, energy suppliers) I don't actually have any money left over at the end of the month in order to pay a £1 fee, let alone a £10 one.

So, I'm wondering, is it possible to request the list of charges and make it clear that I'm doing so because I intend to claim those charges back under financial hardship, and can not afford a DPA charge? Assuming they'll just refuse my request, could I refer to the Information Commissioner, OFT, or some other organisation such as the CCCS to make them consider my claim?

Otherwise I can't kickstart this thing at all.

£10 is statutory under the Data Protection Act so postal order for £10?

They don't have to provide you with them without the statutory fee.

Do you have priority debt arrears?

Are any of the arrears part of a payment plan to them back?

Do you have internet banking and would that take you back enough?

Otherwise depending on the bank simply ordering copy statements might cost you £5 per request.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf