Barclays + CDCS.... Confused???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. firstly, this is a great forum. If only i'd come across it sooner :(

to cut a long story short, i have a graduate loan (in the form of an overdraft) with barclays. without going into a boring details about my personal life, pretty much throughout the whole of 2008 i was constantly over my limit. This resulted in my account being terminated and my bank card being seized when I went into the bank to do over the counter transactions around October.

• initially, i tried to negotiate with barclays directly to set up a reasonable repayment scheme. I tried to do this 3 times and each time paperwork was not sent out/or I got it AFTER the deadline date they stated in the letter to send back my paperwork.

• Then it was passed onto a debt collection agency - I ignored their calls for months

• Then when I finally got the courage to speak to them (having read this forum now, I see maybe that I shouldv'e not done this), they told me they'd passed it back to barclays.

• So then I called barclays general customer number and after being shunted from department to department, i finally got through to the right people. The person i spoke to was really sympathetic and nice and agreed to me paying back a certain amount per month, after an initial payment of X amount, once I got a paying in slip through the post.

I was surpised how easy it was but felt relieved that i had dealt with barclays and that is was so easy.

• today i recieve a letter from CDCS on behalf of their client Barclays Bank PLC saying "we show receipt of your recent payment and can confirm the outstanding blanace is as shown above, yours sincerely C Gates"

Is CDCS a part of Barclays? What is going on? Should I send them a request for a CCA before I pay them anything?

The monthly payment amount is doable for now so will I be biting off my own nose to spite my face if i kick up a fuss?

Any advice would be great. Sorry for the long post.

You cant cca for an overdraft, and if you can manage the repayments leave well enough alone, how are you paying? not by Direct debit is it

Not sure who cdcs are

i requested a paying in book, so by cash each month.

not sure if it counts as overdraft or loan as grad loans with barclays is classed as a loan but you get access to it via an overdraft :confused:

• 8 months later...

Is CDCS a part of Barclays? What is going on? Should I send them a request for a CCA before I pay them anything?

Hi,

I had a right run-around too, trying to contact CDCS, as I have moved house & was trying to contact all my creditors to change my address & verify how much I still owed; I've got from around £15K, down to less than £4K altogether.

I could find only 1 reference to CDCS online, apart from within forums such as this, which was an address in Manchester, to which the telephone number was not recognised.

In the end, I telephone Consumer Direct (08454 04 05 06), who tracked down a telephone number for me; meanwhile, while they were doing this, I was also still trying to locate & contact CDCS, who I have been paying for some time now (Years, I think?) by standing order from my bank.

My debt was for my old Barclays account (Overdraught); but when I phoned Barclays, I was told - by an obviously uninterested agent - that there is no mention of CDCS on their system & therefore it was not a Barclays in-house department.

I called Consumer Direct back again, & they provided me with another telephone number (0844 811 4485), which was recognised & rang - I was suitably impressed; the automated answering system announced 'Welcome to Barclays'; I was less impressed, as I had just been told, by Barclays, that CDCS was NOT a part of Barclays; the agent confirmed that they are CDCS.

Therefore I can confirm that CDCS is either a part of Barclays, or linked to it.

On another note, once I had given my new contact details to the agent, she was very keen to offer me a settlement figure (A small amount; the debt is a small one), & equally as keen to set a very short timescale to make this final payment - too pushy?

I found the other debt collector (1st Credit Ltd), for my wife's Barclays account overdraught, far more amiable; in fact I had not been keeping an eye on the debt & had not only paid it off (at £5 per week) & cleared the balance outstanding, but I had overpaid it by about £260; that means I was paying it for a year longer than necessary; it pays to keep an eye on things.

I did get the £260 back, which was handy, though; all praise to 1st Credit Ltd.

I'm afraid I am not best placed to advise on CCA's, as I do not know what they are, only that it forces the debt collector to give you more information on the debt.

Hope this was helpful for you.

:)

found the other debt collectorlink3.gif (1st creditlink3.gif Ltd), for my wife's Barclays account overdraught, far more amiable; in fact I had not been keeping an eye on the debt & had not only paid it off (at £5 per week) & cleared the balance outstanding, but I had overpaidlink3.gif it by about £260; that means I was paying it for a year longer than necessary; it pays to keep an eye on things.

I did get the £260 back, which was handy, though; all praise to 1st Credit Ltd.

Well this is a first for the CAG a debtor :rolleyes: who praises 1st Crud

Well this is a first for the CAG a debtor :rolleyes: who praises 1st Crud

I rather suspect that they were only amiable because I had paid up the account, & they had been able to earn interest on my over-payments; they may not have been so amiable if I still owed them money, i suspect?

They would have been pushy, like CDCS?

I also thought I may have had more trouble getting my over-payment back? In the end, it took about a week & a half for them to put the money back into our joint account.

Still, I owe, so I have to pay - it's just a question of how much & how often, & not to let my family starve in order to make the payments. The payments should be at a level the debtor can realistically afford, whilst maintaining some amount of repayment, so that the creditor gets their money in the end. After all, a big national, or multi-national, company is not going to go bust if they have to wait a little longer to get their money, are they - but over-stretching myself to meet repayments could have dire consequences for my young family, so my family has to come first.

:)