Fine And Penalty For 98mph

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I was recorded at christmas doing 98mph on the M4. My case came up at the end of June and i pleaded guilty via the form. There were serious circumstances in my car at the time which meant i had to get to the nearest service station asap.In a nutshell my ill nan was in the back and she needed her morphine and other medical tablets asap.

I thought by pleading this to the judge and by pleading guilty they would understand and i would at least not get the points .Obviously not i was given 6 points and a £300 fine to be paid by 17/7/09 .This leaves me with 9 points on my licence.

Is there anyway i can appeal this as i think there are huge mitigating circumstances that are not being understood by the court?

Many thanks

Edited by MAJESTIC01

Hi ,

I was recorded at christmas doing 98mph on the M4. My case came up at the end of June and i pleaded guilty via the form. There were serious circumstances in my car at the time which meant i had to get to the nearest service station asap.In a nutshell my ill nan was in the back and she needed her morphine and other medical tablets asap.

Presumably all the medical stuff you needed was in the car so I would have thought using the first available slip road to pull off would have been better, or failing that, pulling well off on the hard shoulder. If a police car came along and stopped, I'm sure you'd have had more success convincing the poice of the mitigating circumstances for your "emergency" stop than you have had with the majistrate.