• Tweets

• Many thanks for your help very much appreciated.
    • threads merged (again)   i suggest you re read your thread from post 1    this had already been answered at least twice now.   dx  
    • After escalating my claims, they agreed to refund the postage costs only. I have therefore issue a Notice Before Action for the value of the lost items £180.
    • Back to one of the other blight on the UK which simply refuses to heal, Corbyn   Corbyns carrying on with the 'its everyones fault but mine, no changes there then: The labour who weren't me sabotaged me Labour staff who have worked tirelessly for labour since Jesus betrayed me Everybody betrayed me I did everything right   We've seen the standard type reporting: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/07/jeremy-corbyn-accuses-labour-officials-of-sabotaging-election-campaign https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/08/former-labour-donors-returning-to-party-under-keir-starmer-jeremy-corbyn     but this one makes the real telling points: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-general-election-2017-blairites-labour-party-staff-sabotage-a9660946.html   "What is surprising, in fact, is how little resistance Labour staff put up to the Corbynite reign of error. The document that Corbyn and his eight top people have signed fails to provide a single example of obstruction. "   "The giveaway, as Nick Cohen points out, is that Corbyn complains about 2017, when a lot of Labour staff were “Blairites” and he did better than expected, and not about 2019, when he had total control of the party machine and did worse than at any time since 1935."   "With this pitiful whine of the sore loser, he has proved it. He has no judgement, and prefers the warm bath of myth to the harsh reality of responsibility."            
    • My debt with AMEX is £5243.17.   20 years old.   Today i received a letter from AMEX stating the following.   NOTICE OF REFERRAL TO EXTERNAL COLLECTION AGENCY   The account has been CANCELLED and all amounts outstanding on the account are now payable in full. Your account  has been transferred to an external collection agency  NCO   NCO will be responsible for collecting the outstanding amount on behalf of AMEX   Could you please offer me any advice on how to proceed.      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
darkobird

Ruthbridge Ltd - Requesting a CCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4045 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Last year I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall stating that I owed £750 for a Barclays Credit Card (I had one credit card in the past which was fully paid and was Capital One not Barclays)

I rang the company and asked for a true copy of the alleged agreement, they told me they did not have to do this. Therefore I sent them a letter on 28th May 2008 stating that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they had to supply me with a copy of the agreement within 30 days or If they fail to validate the debt within this period, then I am no longer liable to pay the debt.

They replied two weeks later saying that they were trying to loacte my agreement.That was the last I heard of them until 18th June 2009 which was a letter from another company called Ruthbridge Limited saying I now owed £832.65.

I never kept the recorded delivery reciept from last year to prove that I sent the letter nor do I still have there letter saying that they were looking for the agreement, therefore i sent a CCA Request letter to Ruthbridge on 30.06.09 recorded delivery.

Im wondering if anyone can answer the following :-

1. How long do they have to reply ?Is it 12 days and if so is that working days ?

2. If they do not reply within the time frame what does this mean ?Can they stil enforce the debt ?

3.How do I get this debt off my credit report ?

you should have send this

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original/DCA** and has been since DATE 2008. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As **original/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

Also be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)