You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Drewjh

British Gas Homecare cancelled

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Background is that I have had a Homecare agreement in it's various guises since about 1995. In Jan 2001, moved into my current house and immediately switched the agreement to this property. The boiler is the original installed in 1991. My contract runs from 5th Jan each year. However, BG continually put back the date of the inspection so that the actual period is more like every 14/15 months rather than every 12. The effect of this was that for the contract year 2007, they never carried out an inspection, the previous one being on the 6th Dec 06. I contact them in Jan 08 and they nonchalantly pointed out that an inspection was due. I said it was but that it was for the 2008 contract year and that I expected a rebate on the 2007 year. They eventually agreed but only offered £30.

I got a separate quote of £77 for a service (inc of Vat) and suggested that this should form the basis of compensation plus £23 for the time spent. They eventually agreed to this and my DD was reduced accordingly.

Low and behold, in 2009 they have delayed the service until July, 16 months after the previous one. I have therefore written to them cancelling the contract and cancelling via online banking the DD with immediate effect.

This service agreement is a complete sham. Does anyone else have experience of BG delaying the annual service repeatedly over a number of years to the extent you have missed a whole year?

Hi Drew, The way the BG homecare works is on the basis of contractual year, like you say Jan - Jan. You will get 1 service per 12 months that you pay, but not always 12 months from the last.

The best thing to do is to phone when you think it might be due, and even book in advance. A lot of the time people get letters to say its due, and ask them to phone in and book. A very small minority seem not to get letters and just hold off, eventually missing a years service.

The £70 odd compensation you were given is rare, you done well to get that. the £30 is the standard for a missed year. As soon as the missed year is brought to light, you should get a service at your convenience. Then another, less than 12 months later to make up the dates.

Hope this helps.