• Tweets

• I accept the point you have made in paragraph 2 and I am aware of the risks I will incur at any hearing. However the opposite side of the same argument is that Lloyds will have to claim they have no liability whatsovever as the card services provider in a scenario where clearly there was a breakdown of payment services between themselves and the merchant.   The Court may decide against me for not exhausting all options or it may accept that myself and this particular merchant are in dispute and there was no reasonable prospect to recover the money. Regardless of those options (which is exactly what I consider them to be options - not obligations), I am of the opinion Lloyds Bank is still liable as a card services provider and if I am successful it will have wide reaching implications on their policy of attempting to fob their customers off whenever they induce preventable mistakes and refuse to correct them.   To put it another way, if you have a dispute with an energy company you can use the Ombudsman Service, or you can forgo it and proceed to court. I have forgone my option of a section 75 claim and wish to hold Lloyds liable. I believe I am only afforded the option of a section 75 claim as a result of the Consumer Credit Act - although this could be an error on my part. And that banks prefer their customers to pursue merchants in full knowledge they are equally liable. After a lengthy discussion with HSBC regarding the same issue they attempted to fob me off with a similar excuse that I am subject the conditions of Master Card or Visa or whichever company it may be. They attempted to do this by simply referring me to a webpage that does not form any contractual agreement or present itself as terms and conditons to be accepted by me. I totally disagree with the positions of both banks, if I have entered into agreement and hold an account with Lloyds, I believe all my dealings are be conducted with them and whatever agreements they have with another payment service they intertwine with is a matter for them. My credit card agreement is with Lloyds not Master Card.   Both myself and Lloyds will be risking something if this proceeds to Court. I have accepted that and there are few causes worth pursuing that do not carry inherant risk.
    • Hi, thanks for replying. Your help would be really appreciated. The arrears are 4 months worth of payments. I haven’t received the defence form as yet.
    • So the dealers aren't interested It doesn't matter, as you already understand the liability rests fully with the finance company and frankly I think that you are probably waited long enough because nobody seems to be committing themselves to sorting the problem out. There are a couple of technical problems that you need to understand. A quick of English law is that you must actually have suffered a financial loss in order to bring action. Although clearly the damage the engine represents a substantial amount of money – it isn't actually money. Normally speaking if you're suing for breach of contract you would have to demonstrate a pecuniary loss and that means that you would actually have had to spend the £8000 to repair the vehicle and then claim it back. I think that the county courts are sufficiently modern-minded that they may run with it anyway but I would be surprised if your hire purchase company objected in the first place to bring an action for the value of work which had been carried out. The second thing though is that if you are not actually out-of-pocket then you won't be able to claim interest. The County Court rate of interest at the moment is extremely high comparatively speaking – it is 8% simple. You won't get that rate of interest anywhere else. If you simply sue for the value of the repair without having spent the money, then assuming that nobody raises some technical legal objection, then all you will be able to recover is the £8000 for the repair and no interest. If you spend out the £8000 now and have the car repaired then you will be to recover that money +8% until the money is repaid to you. Of course the hire purchase company won't actually want to go to court about this and eventually they will pay. However they will simply try to pay you your net sum – but if you have actually started proceedings then my advice would be that you should stand your ground and tell them you want every last penny including the interest – as well as your court fees. There may be other losses which you are incurring why this car is off the road. Presumably you are paying insurance. Presumably also you are paying road tax. You have an alternative vehicle so you aren't really in a position to claim for alternative transport but on the other hand if the loss of this vehicle is costing you anything else then we need to know about it. You certainly need to calculate a daily rate for the insurance which is basically money thrown away and also a daily rate for the road tax which is also money thrown away. If there are storage fees then they should be recoverable as well. My recommendation to you is that you get the work done after having given proper notice to the hire purchase company that this is what you going to do and that you are then going to see them to recover the money. Let us know what you think about this. Have you asserted your right to reject?  
    • OK,   well I think you should definitely enter a defence - I can help you with that - there is absolutely no reason for them to ask for a suspended possession order when you have made all payments under the arrangement.  How many months mortgage payments does the arrears figure represent ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

CCA Requests

tel005

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in January this year I sent the cca requests, along with the home visit letter, for 3 credit cards i had to Uk Debt & Legal services who were working for Arrow Global. Now nearly 6 months later I have received 3 letters from another comapny called Fredrickson International Limited?

letters: a copy of a standard credit agreement with my account number hand written on top of the copy but is not signed by me or mentions anything about me, got this for 2 of the cards and the 3rd is the copy of my virgin credit card application form. This is signed by me but at the top inbig letters clearly states 'Your Application Form' but further down says credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act...

Now questions -

As its been nearly 6 months since my requests can they send these and take further action?

Is the application form a real credit agreement because it does say further down the form that it is??

What to do next???

I have 2 of scan 1 which they have hand written the account number on top then posted to me, no cover letter or anything.

Then the virgin credit card one came too.

Any advise would be appreciated.

scan0001.pdf

scan0002.pdf

Edited by tel005

The Virgin one is unenforceable, its just an app form with none of the prescribed terms. The MBNA is just T&Cs really, those from April 2009 by my reckoning. When was the MBNA one taken out?

the 3 now run by MBNA were all around 2005/6

so basically they havent completed the cca requests and are just trying it on with another company right?

what do u recon i should do know?