Wrong address on PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

(I found two similar threads with a similar problem, but I'd like your advise since my case is slightly different)

I parked my scooter on the footpath in front of my flat, which is, say,

"23b ABC Street". This morning I found a PCN. However, it states:

Location motor vehicle was seen in: XYZ Street

Location Description: OS 23b

(First of all: what does "OS" stand for?)

So the address they wrote is wrong. The street they mention ("XYZ Street") is actually a street nearby. However, according to royalmail website, "23b" does NOT even exists in "XYZ Street" (but "23" does). (Later I will even go and check myself.)

Do you think I can appeal? If so, should I just write:

"Contravention did not occur, as I have never parked in front of 23b XYZ Street."

or:

"Contravention did not occur, as "23b XYZ Street" does not exist."

Or what else?

(Note that my letter will (have to) specify my address, which is "23b ABC Street", so I guess they will understand the mistake they made, because of the "23b" and the fact that those two street are nearby. Does this change things?)

Thanks in advance,

Diodorus

Edited by diodorus

OS = Outside

Contravention did not occur as you were not parked where stated. Just tell them so. Be prepared to go to adjudication though.

Footway parking may well be a contravention in your area so take care.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks for the fast reply. I am writing this:

My Name

23b ABC Street

London

Dear Sir/Madam,

Penalty Charge Notice number: xxxxxxxx

Date of issue: 14/07/2009

Vehicle registration: xxxxxxx

I am writing to formally challenge the above Penalty Charge Notice. On 14/07/2009 my vehicle was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice with code 62 ("Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway"); the stated location where motor vehicle was seen in is "XYZ Street", "OS 23B".

However, contravention did not occur as I was not parked where stated.

For this reason I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty Charge Notice has been cancelled within 28 days.

Yours sincerely,

My Name

Do you think is ok/enough? What can I expect next? What would an adjudication entail? (I am new to the UK.)

Thanks again,

Diodorus

• 1 month later...