challenging the CRA's-have we all missed something?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are entitled to ask for forms of ID if they are not sure of your identity, however the 40 days still runs from the receipt of your request.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I wrote and told them that sending my passport and utility bills would leave me open to identity theft......and that they were quite content to process credit information tied to our home address without verification,so it shouldn't stop them from sending the same data to our home address.....

experian also sent back the £20 in postal orders-so I got them refunded today

Well they don't need your passport. A recent utility bill should suffice. Alternatively you could inform them that they will be able to sufficiently identify you from the court order you will get if they don't comply with your SAR within the 40 days.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Experian have replied again stating that they will not be complying with my request as I won't send them what they want.......they "assure me that the information commissioner is satisfied that we (experian) are acting within our rights to request documentation to supplement a data S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).....

anyone got a good letter to reply with?

court threat time....

I've just found this nugget of info

Glossary of Terms - Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Subject access request (Data Protection Act) Under the Data Protection Act, individuals can ask to see the information about themselves that is held on computer and in some paper records. If an individual wants to exercise this subject access right, they should write to the person or organisation that they believe is processing the data.

A subject access request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. In most cases, the maximum fee will be £10, but this can vary, particularly if the information requested is for health or educational records. If a subject access request is made to a credit reference agency, then the fee is £2, and the information must be provided within seven working days. A request must include enough information to enable the person or organisation to whom the subject is writing to satisfy itself as to their identity and to find the information.

Section 7(3) of the Act states

(3) A data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.
I see no mention of a signature.

Yes, but this only covers a request for limited information e.g. your credit report. At least that is my understanding anyway.

Also the confusion between £10 and £2 might be this:

CallCredit, when you ask for a copy of your credit report with £2.00 fee, send you a 'Limited Subject Access Report'... hmm:cool:

This CRA stuff is very very dodgy indeed, IMO.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)