You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

benmail18

Post magistrates court hearing demand for licence

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

This is my first post and i'm hoping someone can help!

Here's some background...

In August 2008, I was flashed by an average speed camera doing 66 on a 50 mph stretch of the M1. I was sent a notice informing me of this and asking me to name the driver. Wasn't sure which of the three insured drivers was driving at the time, so I named all three possibilities.

I was then issued with a summons for a magistrates court hearing for failure to provide driver information! I sent my licence off to the court with the plea form and pleased guilty, simply because I didn't have the strength to go to court and I had a new job which I had to devote my time to in this climate.

I didn't hear from the court (case was due in March) and wrote to them asking for my licence back as I needed it to rent a car abroad. Court told me they didn't have my licence, even though I sent it with the plea form which they conveniently managed to keep hold of.

Had to buy a new licence, ho hum, another £20 down the drain.

I then received a letter by post about 1 month after the case was due asking me to pay a fine of £385. I hadn't received anything else from the court either before and haven't since. So I paid, assuming that's the fine I was given. Very harsh in my opinion, but such a joke that I decided to pay rather than fight any more. Case closed. Or so I though.

Last week I received a letter from the DVLA asking for my licence, as it needs to be endorsed! Having paid the fine, 3 months later I now receive this! What should I do? I haven't received anything in writing from the court with the outcome of my case, and it was in April. I don't even know what they want to endorse it with?

Any tips?

Many thanks in advance for all your help!

Why not tell the DVLA you sent your licence to the court. As they appear to have better lines of communnication with the DVLA than you have with the court - perhaps they could assist in 'finding' it?*

"None of the foregoing is untrue :)