style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Heres an excerpt directly from the Insolvency Service website:

31.5.15 Protecting and realising a redundancy payment

A redundancy payment whether received before or after the making of the bankruptcy order should not therefore be treated as income and the possible subject of an income payments agreement or income payments order but as an asset and realised accordingly.

If the bankrupt has not received the redundancy payment at the date of the bankruptcy order, the official receiver should remind the bankrupt that he/she has an obligation under the provisions of section 333 to give the trustee notice should he/she acquire any property and that this includes the receipt of any redundancy payment. This reminder should be confirmed in writing. Where possible, the official receiver should obtain details of the payer, if it is a private employer or the Redundancy Payments Directorate if payment is to be made under the Employment Rights Act 1996, and arrange that the redundancy payment be made directly to the trustee.

Hope this helps xx

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that will please your friend,not.Appeal against redundancy,holding it up.Thats if i read it right.Probably didnt.And anyway my thoughts werent honest for a while.Was in shock.I dont work like that,I would willingly hand it over to benefit my creditors.Honestly,i would ,A fresh start free of debt and worry,broke but happy.Tawnyowl.

i really hope she doesn't have to pay this to her bankruptcy

i want her to use her redundancy payment to move to wales beside me something she has wanted to do for years but didn't have the money to do

i told her not to pay the cheque into the bank until she had a letter saying her bankruptcy was up don't know if she can do that

its a bit of a shxx that she is getting her redundancy payment the same month as her bankruptcy is up

I just hope the cheque doesnt get lost in the post and has to be reissued in September,bye for now Hallowitch,hope your husband and sons are still grafting in these trying times.Tawny,

That would be terrible........last time I spoke the Post Office about a letter going missing they said I had to wait at least 21 days before they would do anything about it.........Annoying at the time for me, but under these circumstances perhaps not so.....................

and sometimes i cannot get online banking for days and weeks on end so can't confimrm what's actually in my bank account cause the cash machine never works when i go there :rolleyes:

mind you my trustee never knew what i had coming in each month

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)