speeding at 120mph - SOLVED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there.

in regards to this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/206987-speeding-120mph.html

I went to court, charges were: speeding only, 120mph on motorway.

I admit it was my fault.

My defense was:

I wasn't aware of a speed I was driving as the motorway was empty and because of that I felt relaxed.

I mentioned that i need a car to commute with my workplace, and public transport won't be available in such early hours.

penalty was:

500 pounds and 50 days ban

- my 1 year old uk licence has been taken, but I won't have to re-test after this time

- my 4 year german licence stays with me, but I can't drive on UK roads because of that ban.

so I wasn't that scarry as some of you wrote.

It's worth to go to court yourself as you can explain your behavior and make a better impression.

I think there may be a legal issue with having two current EU licences in the same name. Potentially you could drive in Germany on your german licence and not mention your incident in the UK.

I am not 100% certain, but I am fairly sure it is illegal to hold two current EU licences for the same class of vehicle. I believe your German licence should have been surrendered when you applied for a UK one.

I think there may be a legal issue with having two current EU licences in the same name. Potentially you could drive in Germany on your german licence and not mention your incident in the UK.

I am not 100% certain, but I am fairly sure it is illegal to hold two current EU licences for the same class of vehicle. I believe your German licence should have been surrendered when you applied for a UK one.

Yes, the OP could drive in Germany. Any ban from a UK court only applies within the UK

An EU licence does not need to be surrendered on getting a UK licence. If surrender was required it would be to the issuing (German) authorities and DVLA would not know if it had happened anyway.

It is perfectly legal to hold 2 different EU licences concurrently.