Victimisation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I filed a grievance and after my grievance against two managers. one of them Victimised me by giving me a piece of work to do and I did it - it was manually checking through statistics that is normally done thru our computersised system which had not been done. I was asked to do this for previous years manually and had the previous years computerised versions to help me. I did this and made one mistake and he called me in with my Union rep for a meeting and asked me to go thru this all over again. I agreed, 2 days later this manager receives an email from the data analyst with the the computerised versions and in the email it said can this be forwarded onto me as I had been after this data for some time. Of course this guy withheld it from me and I was off sick after this meeting and on my return this manager chases me up on this work without forwarding this data that I needed and the data analyst was on leave and nobody could acesss his computer with this data on. This manager on my return from sick states that this task is urgent, I will not meet the deadline and deliberately witholds this data - I only found out when the data analyst returned from leave when he forwarded me the email he had sent to this manager.

As far as I can tell the manager is witholding data that soniczed needs to complete the work that this same manager has requested. So, he's effectively trying to punish soniczed for not completing work that he knows he won't be able to complete.

Well, you have evidence from the data analyst that the manager was given this information to pass onto you. Is there anyone above this manager that you could take a complaint to? Clearly this could be considered harrassment if he is knowingly giving you work you can't complete because he's witholding information.

Hi flipper,

You are right. This manager had the information that would help me in completing the task and withheld it, whilst stressing the importance of the work and how I would not meet the deadline. He did this after I had filed a written grievance - a month after the written grievance for harassment & bullying due to my race. This incidnt I have put in an addenda to my grievance that I have been victimised. This is incident 19 of 19 and there 3 more incidents after this one. My employer is terrible at dealing with any grievances - there is a teribble denial culture and they always settle before an employment tribunal, because they always bash you so much in the hope you will curl up and fade away.