Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I want to separate from my wife and move out into a new home. I tried this back in 2017 with bad results. She refused to access housing benefit or any other help that mothers normally receive from the council, with the end result that she was evicted from her house, at which point I took my children in, but she took legal help and produced a letter that stated that the mother of the children have a right to live where the children live! She forced herself into my new house using police presence, and has been living here since August 2017. I want to move out again and separate (can't divorce yet because I simply cannot afford the snowballing costs that many have warned me about), but I am worried it may become a repeat of the last time.   Are there ANY legal clauses I can use to ensure that she does not force herself into my new home? I have two children 13 (boy) and 6 (girl), and my boy will be moving with me. I would like for my daughter to move, as well, but I realise this may be diffuct considering her age. In any case, I wish to keep access to her.   Any advice would REALLY helpful as I am at the end of my tether with the issues in this marriage, and how the system is geared towards helping the mother no matter what the circs!
    • and send them a CCA request for the express gifts A/C.   accept their money. get the CCA requests off   wait 12+2 working days. they fail   stop your payments.   get out of their clutches looks like they've had you dangling on a cash cow satring for years stop being their puppet and take control of your money. not let these leeches do it for you.   they really are totally powerless.   dx  
    • Hello   I have a few questions I'm struggling to find an answer to.    1) My claim would be artificially limited to £10k to try and keep it in the small claims. Do the court fees get included in that amount or is it £10k+costs?   2) I'm wanting to request my name is withheld under CPR 39.2. I appreciate that this is unlikely but how does one actually request the court to consider it?   3) I've done a SAR under GDPR but I am fairly confident they are withholding information claiming it will reveal internal processes. Is there any means to force the discosure of that information?   Thanks
    • Click our CCA request link and read all the posts there too.   they have 12+2 working days   you cant send one with regard to the OD debt. simply just stop paying that one   might be prudent to send HBOS an SAR too.   when were each of your debts taken out please and what are the defaulted dates for each from your credit file.
    • @BazzaS yes you are right. Thank you for appointing it. I am working on writing a letter by myself.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

help legal eagles PPI paid back onto my cards :(

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all


one for the legal eagles out there,


i have about 4 PPI cases going through, 3 have agreed to pay back the money but have stated that they will pay it onto my credit card to pay off the balance or any outstanding payments owed.


I have heard that there is a way of stopping this and getting the payment sent by chq


any thoughts :)


cheers everyone



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is that a problem? Get rid of the balance or as much as possible, less debts to worry about, less money to pay off every month, more money for you to keep every month. ;-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy James.

I think the case here is that if you are behind in any payments, or have defaulted the account or something, then the issuers are entitled to use the funds to repay any outstanding amounts.


If all your payments are up to date, then technically you should be able to get it back in the form of a cheque.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is normal practice as above.



I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...