You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

andyd43

S/H Car Dealers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Only yesterday I saw a car in a s/h car dealer and on the spur of the moment decided to p/x my car and signed an agreement. I now regret doing that and would like to withdraw from the agreement. There is no credit involved and the dealer is a business. Have I any rights under the Sale of Goods Act, specifically the reasonable time section? I have called him to cancel the agreement and he has threatened me with legal action as he says he has had the car he was selling me brought upto a sellable standard? Please help! Thanks, Andy

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Andy

To be quite honest you did sign an agreement which is binding, as you signed on the trader premis there will be no cooling off period.

However I am not an expert so my reply will also BUMP your thread.

Andy

Perhaps if the paperwork has not gone too far you can offer to pay their reasonable costs to date say £100 and get them to cancel it! I presime you still have your old car. Is HP invoved?

I'm afraid, with no credit involved you won't be able to repudiate the financial side, and your onlt remeby is to advise the dealer that you cannot continue with your binding agreement. You will be liable for his costs in the matter, and you became liable for them when you signed the order. If you don't pay, even if you don;t take delivery he will be able to take you to court for his costs in preparing for re-sale.

As to his comment that he paid to bring it up to standard for sale - I'm sure he did, but he would have to have paid this out irrespective of who bought it, whether you or anyone else. If you signed the V5C and the machinery started to be RK, there will be further costs, due to the imagined losss of value for another RK being added to the list. of keepers.