Parcell delivered to mine by mistake..now cant get rid of it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I hope this is in the right section?

My girlfriends dad ordered a weather station, and had it delivered to our address rather than his. When the 2 large boxes were delivered by Parcel Force, I signed for them both thinking they were both for him. It was only after that I realised that the invoice on one of the boxes was for somebody else, and Parcell Force had put my address on it by mistake.

Over the last 4 weeks I have made 4 calls to the company who make the weather station asking them to arrange collection of the unwanted box, and each time they say they will sort it out, but never do. What should I do with the thing??? It's worth £150 so I'm concerned that if i get rid of it, the company will one day will contact me and try and make me pay for it if I no longer have it.

Yep - even though you signed for them, you did so in good faith. I'd suggest you should write to them, as phoning usually leaves you at a disadvantage. As there's no issue with ParcelForce they'll not be interested (it is the sender who addresses the package). If they don't arrange collection within 28 days you've done all you can, and can arrage disposal.

Unsolicited Items

Under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971, (as amended) it is an offence to demand payment for goods known to be unsolicited, in other words, they were sent to a person without any prior request made by them or on their behalf.

Someone who receives goods in these circumstances may retain them as an unconditional gift, and does not have to pay for or return any unwanted goods. Anyone who receives a demand for payment for unsolicited goods should report the matter to their local Trading Standards Department.