Sky cancellation problems

Wizzer59

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope someone can help me.

I'd had sky+ for 18 months when I was made redundant, so I rang them up and canceled, no problems so far, I then canceled the direct debit at my bank so got a call from sky saying I owed them just over £11 so sent them a cheque thinking everything was ok.

I then got a job away from home for several months only to get back to a letter from sky saying I now owe them over £80 and a company called Interum Justitia was now dealing with the debt.

It seems that sky said I still owed them £12 and as I owed them money they could not cancel the account and so have been charging me an Invoice admin charge and a sky+ subsciption every month since I canceled.

I can not believe this is correct and would like to know if enyone else has had this problem and if so how to deal with it?????

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Tim

Edited by Wizzer59

Yes my friend did and asked me to assist.

There is no need to send money for cca/sar, just send them a letter saying send me the proof that I owe and I will consider payment.

Don't be bullied into paying and if they should phone you, tell them you will correspond in writing only. Hold your ground as I did by telling them on the second letter without proof that I would not correspond with them any further until they sent my friend proof.

They have not written again and that was 11 months ago.

it looks as though when they cancelled the account the op has forgot to cancel the skyplus subs as well.

easiest solution to this is to send an email via the contact us option on the sky webiste stating you called to cancel the WHOLE account and did not wish to have the skyplus recording facililty and this has been an error on skys part.

advise then they have charged the subs for this to the account adn you want this removed and any balance due from the account

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I agree with Conniff and would write to them to get them to prove it. Also include in the letter a request to get all your details held on file so you can see what was requested cancelled and why they have charged you this amount.

If they refuse, mention the data protection act, and they'll soon give you the address... I did have it somewhere, but I think it's been misplaced.

I really feel for your though, it took three days to cancel Sky, and about 17 hours worth of phone bills too.

x

• 2 weeks later...