Car crash on collecting vehicle

k1mmie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hmmm tough one to call as you could be on sticky ground here because the first thing you should do is check gear and hand brake before turning key.

Id say if they have offered to pay some that is a good result as it is 50/50.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I don't think you will get anywhere. Checking the gear is in neutral, the handbrake is on and the mirror is correctly orientated is the duty of any driver when they get into a car.

Take what they offer, they could have denied all responsibility.

I don't think you will get anywhere. Checking the gear is in neutral, the handbrake is on and the mirror is correctly orientated is the duty of any driver when they get into a car.

Take what they offer, they could have denied all responsibility.

have to agree,in fact i think they have been more than generous as i dont think they are anyway at fault.i think they have made that offer as you are a good customer

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of people deliberately leave cars in gear, and good drivers usually dip the clutch pedal before starting the car....I think the Garage was very kind to even offer to meet half the cost!

Lots of people deliberately leave cars in gear, and good drivers usually dip the clutch pedal before starting the car....I think the Garage was very kind to even offer to meet half the cost!

Agreed. It is the responsibility of the driver to check a vehicle is in neutral before starting. I always dip the clutch when starting a car. It also reduces drag on the engine as the first motion shaft in the gearbox doesn't turn, thus helping if the battery is a bit dodgy.

Thanks guys for all your input. I agree the garage have been fair but I suppose as they have had thousands out of me over the years, they thought it a fair gesture and I agree.

Appreciate your input.

lesson learnt then

and as stated above its always good pratice to push down on clutch before starting engine

Agreed. It is the responsibility of the driver to check a vehicle is in neutral before starting. I always dip the clutch when starting a car. It also reduces drag on the engine as the first motion shaft in the gearbox doesn't turn, thus helping if the battery is a bit dodgy.

What's a clutch? ;)

Well then for an Autobox insure it is in the P or N position simple

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.