Nat West personal loan insurance

Steve C
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In February 2009 I was made redundant and applied for Nat West insurance ( this poilcy was taken out at the same time as the loan in the bank ) to pay my monthly Nat West loan. I filled in the forms and they confirmed that I was elligible.

I submitted one form when requested in April 2009 accompanied with actively seeking work details, job applications and jobcentre form ABI 1JP. In May 2009 I received a double payment straight into my bank account. I thought now I am in the system I should be ok.

I haven`t received any payments since. I asked Nat West bank to look into this matter, they informed me to try contacting the insurance division direct. I did this and was told there was a backlog. I`ve written to the Nat West bank manager and Nat West insurance team leaders saying I can not and should not have to subsidise their companies to ensure my monthly premiums are maintained. I`m awaiting their responses.

What should I do next? I placed a mechanism in place to safeguard me against redundancy, illness etc. This mechanism isn`t functioning correctly. Can I claim mis selling as the policy at present is not providing the service I have paid for?

Would be great to hear from anyone who could offer some advice.

Many thanks in advance. Steve

That is interesting, I think you should perhaps be complaining that since there has been no change in circumstances there should not be a delay in paying the loan as it will be affecting your credit score and putting you into financial hardship. Very interesting(no on the missold but certainly worth a letter of complaint re the delays on a claim they have clearly decided to pay out with).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks very much for your reply. :)

Having previously written to both the Nat West bank and Nat West insurance without reply to date, I took the opportunity to speak to the Nat West bank manager today. He informed me that he would investigate this on my behalf.

I put two proposals to him :-

First, The bank can have my monthly loan premium when I get payment from Nat West loan insurance. He decided and said this was not possible!

Second, Imagine this scenerio, if I had brought a car or motorcycle for example and it goes wrong, then I take it back to the retailer I purchased it from NOT THE MANUFACTURER. If it continues to breakdown I contact trading standards claiming it was not fit for the purpose it was sold. The comparison is therefore applicable to my insurance policy.

Well let me see what I can find out from the Nat West insurance and I`ll get back to you, he stated!

I`m not happy with the answers or the stalling tactics that appear to be coming into play. I can`t afford to subsidise the Nat West insurance by way of my bank overdraft but that is whats happening at present.

Any ideas on my next move please.

Steve

let's wait and see what NatWest say but I think any delays which cause the loan payments to be missed should equate to a refund of charges imho. Let's wait and see and then go from there but keep a record of everything including any costs you incur because of this.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Still no response from Nat West Insurance. I received a telephone call from Nat West bank on Wednesday saying they had spoken to Nat West Insurance on my behalf but Nat West Insurance couldn`t disclose any details due to customer confidentiality:confused:

Nat West bank did inform me that a letter was sent out from Nat West Insurance sometime last week and should be with me sometime this week!

I contacted Trading Standards yesterday but unfortunately this does not come under their remit and they advised me to contact the Financial Ombudsman Sevice.

I am now in the process of writing to the Nat West bank manager to inform him ( as it was his branch where the loan and insurance was taken out ) that I would be writing to the FOS giving details of all correspondence and a log of all telephone conversations.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just to bring this topic upto date. Received a response from Nat West Insurance who have apologised for the delay in replying but quote the increase in people claiming is causing a backlog although extra staff are currently being employed.

Before I respond back to them I would appreciate any advice regarding what I might be entitled to or what I can claim. I believe I read somewhere that I can make a claim for the time I have expended on the subject trying to build a dialogue with them and out of pocket expenses. Something like £10 per hour was quoted if I remember, Is there any truth in this practice or is it a myth? Or does this have to go through the courts or FOS for these type of charges to be claimed back?

Many thanks again for all replies.

Steve