Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
    • Pleased to hear that.   A general comment, for future readers of this thread, from my experiences of being an Executor.   Most large companies have a centralised 'Bereavement' department and I've found it's best to notify the death to them rather than the general customer service call centres. Search the company's website for 'bereavement'.   The bereavement departments are in my experience staffed by people who understand the processes when someone dies both for the relatives/executors and within their own companies and they get things sorted efficiently. (I've never had to use Vodafone's though).
    • Hi All, A simple question really. I received a NTK ticket on a lease vehicle last year from Parking Eye. As expected, they were adamant i was at fault and no payment was made. I highlighted to them that their signage no longer had planning permission and this was ignored however since ignoring this, they have gone quiet and have been for roughly 6 months now. I know they can claim for up to 6 years(??) after. As it was a lease vehicle, the RK was the lease company. PE were provided my personal address and had been communicating with me via letter there. I have now moved house and what i would like to avoid is them issuing court papers, something which i know PE like to do, me not being aware and eventually ending up with a default CCJ against my name. I appreciate i could write to them and update my address with them however i worry this may "Wake them up" a bit regarding my case. What is the best approach here?
    • Forget the warranty that means nothing and a warranty does not replace or over rule your rights under CRA amongst other consumer legislation. which state that outside of 30days but within 6mts its the sellers that is responsibility to confirm the item faulty, which has been done.   contact amazon with that proof and demand a replacement, refund or repair as they feel fit.        
    • Thanks BN   I take it this is a good sign then like you say. I certainly won’t be making any payments to them.
  • Our picks

    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply

Letter of Intent (Thames Water)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3979 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,


I have been lurking on the website for a while now, but I am now in need of direction or friendly advice.


This is the situation I currently find myself in:


I moved in to a rented property in Aug last year, and I received a bill from Thames Water for £112.50 for the period 19 Aug -30 Oct Which was paid promptly, I then received a bill for £78.14 for the period 31 Oct – 16 Feb which was again paid promptly. I then received a revised bill for £293.26 for the period 19 Aug – 25 March balance brought forward £112.60, total payable 180.66, I phoned Thames Water to ask why do we have a revised bill and they said that they had done a special reading (sending someone out) and so revised the bill, So like a good little sheep I paid the £180.66. I then receive a bill for £78.27 for the period 26 March – 12 May (that’s £80 in 48 days) I sad no-way, there are 3 people living at my address, so I look through the previous bills and found that on the revised bill and latest bill my water metre number had changed, so I went outside to check and I am being billed for my next door neighbours water usage approx 8 people, I phone Thames Water to request another special reading, only this time for someone from my house to be present, after many conversations and waiting, we got another reading done and it confirmed we are being billed from the wrong metre. Great I here you all say, well no, because I now have a letter of intent from Thames Water for the £78.27 the water that no-one in my house used. So I phone Thames Water to say you have made a mistake, how silly of you, expecting them to say “Oh I’m sorry Mr Smith, of course, we’ll cancel that bill and send you out a revised one” but no, what I got is once the process has started it can’t be stopped, the only way to stop it is to settle the outstanding amount.


Well I said “I’m not going to pay on principle” they said “that’s up to you, but your account will still be handed over to our debt collection agency”


This farce has made me so angry, I am wondering is there any avenue or resources available to me, to take this further? Can I charge them 8% interest as they are going to me?


Any help or advice is most welcome.


Thanks in advance



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving thread to Utilities Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.


Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.


LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.



Please donate,

Help us to help others.





Forum Rules.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

First you need to go through their complaints procedure. Write to the Customer Services Director at


Thames Water

PO Box 492


SN38 8TU


Explain that you have previously complained that you were being billed for another household's water usage through a mistake made by one of their employees. Although this has been confirmed and rectified you are still being chased for an outstanding bill for the wrong metre and that when you made a complaint about this you have been told that there is nothing they can do at the moment and you should pay the bill or it will be referred to a debt collector. This is unacceptable. You want them to write to you confirming that the bill is incorrect and that you do not owe the money as stated, assurances that the disputed bill will not be passed to a debt collection agency and any late fees, etc will not be charged. You also want a revised bill to be sent showing the correct amount owing from Aug to date and also showing the payments you have made (totalling £371.30?). If this is not done you will take the matter further. Remind them that they state "The Customer is at the heart of everything we do". Hardly true in this case.


You can either demand any money that has been overpaid by you to be refunded or you can leave it on the account to pay for future bills.


Not sure if you would be entitled to compensation but it doesn't hurt to ask. After all you have been inconvenienced by having to telephone, write and generally chase up this matter and paying the wrong amount could have left you in severe financial hardship.


If you don't get a satisfactory response from this then complain to the Consumer Council for Water.


CCWater London and South East, c/o 1st Floor Victoria Square House, Victoria Square. Birmingham B2 4AJ


Tel: 020 7931 8502. Fax: 0121 345 1010. Lo-call: 08457 581658.

Email: londonandsoutheast@ccwater.org.uk Office hours: 9.00 - 17.00 Mon-Fri.

Edited by Aviva

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Sorry I know this is an old post but there have been, developments, below is a response I received from Thames Water, but I have now received another letter from a company called CWc Ltd (Country Wide Collections) saying that Thames Water have passed my account over and all the usual stuff like immediate Payment credit file ect.


Now, this firstly is a complete p*ss take:mad: and secondly I am undergoing a mortgage application and changes to my cedit file could damage my application. So my question is what routes are avaliable to me to resolve this?






Thames Water

Customer Relations

Customer Services

P.O. Box 436


SN38 1TU


Telephone: 08456 410033

Fax: 01793 424291

E-mail: Customer.Feedback@thameswater.co.uk


23 July 2009


Our Ref: 592100


Water services charges



Dear Mr Smith


Thank you for your e-mail received on the 14 July 2009. I tried to contact

you today by telephone

unfortunately I was unable to reach you.


I realise that our level of service has not been up to our usual standards

and I would like to apologise

for any upset or confusion this matter may have caused you.


I have arranged for our technician to visit your property to take a meter

reading within the next couple

of days. Once I have received the results back, I can calculate your

average daily usage (ADU) and

update your account with the correct meter details.


I have placed a temporary hold on your account for this to be completed.


I trust this is of assistance.


Yours sincerely


Tanya Brown

Customer Relations

Visit Thames Water official website - Contact us, pay your bill, tell us you're moving to use our on-line forms or to find out about

paperless billing

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get back on to Thames Water right away. You have stated that you are disputing the charges and in their letter they agree that the matter should be looked into and that they will put your account on hold. Tell them you want the matter taken back off the debt collection company and that you do not want to hear anything more from them while this is being sorted out (unless it's a letter confirming that they will not be taking action against you, etc). Also, state that you want anything on your credit file removed about this debt as it is in dispute.


It may be a good idea to get a credit report so you can see if there is anything on there so you know what you are dealing with.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...