Jump to content

Letter from local "council" as regards "anti - social Behaviour"


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi guys,


First of all, I'd like to put you in the picture as to the issues that we are facing.......


We live, as council tenants, in a very leafy and pretty area of our town, and have enjoyed for years the beauty and peace of this area. We have three children, who we love dearly with all our heart, and love the fact that they can play within the road with confidence and security.

Across the road from where we live, is a piece of what the Council calls "Public open space", which comprises of a large "square" of land which is slabbed and is perfect for our young children to play on. However, recently, we seem to have been harrassed by the residents of the area adjacent to this space, whom I might add are very advanced in years, in so much that they have decided that our children are, in their eyes, unallowed to use this area of space to, well, PLAY!, in so much that on one occasion, one of the residents threatened to call the Police. They duly did,stating the fact that "they couldn'nt hear the telly!"

The Police then arrived, stating the fact that our children were using a "BB" gun, something I'd never heard of until that day!

Now we have had a letter from the Council saying that they have recieved a complaint causing neighbour noise nuisance.

I have the letter, but it is a little long winded to proof, nor do I have the ability to scan it, so ,to that end, can anyone help me in trying to combat their actions?

if it is any help, they have quoted clause 3.7 Anti -Social Behaviour!


Can I counter - act?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have asked for help to combat their actions but you have not said what they have done or threaten to do. The clause 3.7 will probably be from your tenancy agreement and if so will state that you, your family, visitors must not cause nuisance, etc.


The best thing would be to contact them and let them know about the situation. Explain that your children are playing in a public space at a reasonable hour but that the neighbours don't like this and have started to cause your family problems. As your neighbours have made a complaint the Council have a duty to investigate but that is what they must do is investigate. So usually the first step is to contact the alleged perpetrator to let them know of the complaint and give them a chance to tell their side of the story. What the officer has to determine in cases like this is whether any noise made/behaviour is of a reasonable nature or not.


So contact them and then let us know what the response is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself also if the neighbours are really unreasonable or if your kids are up to something you do not know about.


I know everyone thinks that their kids are not trouble makers, but there is a similar situation with a neighbour of mine and a family down the road who insist their kids are "no angels but not trouble makers". Problem is they are little b*****ds who have been seen by several other people smashing windscreens in as well as other misdemeanours.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...