Can Ikea do this?

john

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted this on the credit agencies section but thought it might be better here. Hopefully the irrelevant one will be deleted.

My sister has been in hospital and I have been trying to help her pay her bills. She has an Ikea card and her June payment was around five pounds. It was due on june 26th but I didn't manage to pay it for her until june 30th but I paid 25 pounds. She has come home and has had a default notice dated after the 25 pounds was paid, although the higher payment is clearly recorded on her statement. I have telephoned and they have agreed to cancel the charge under the circumstances, but say they can do nothing about the default notice. It is disgusting that they can wreck her excellent credit file for such a small amount, and when the payment has been made within 4 days of it being due. Can they legally do this? I am furious.

Is it a default notice or does it say she will be defaulted if the amount is not paid? I could be wrong but I thought they were obliged in law to tell you they were going to default - if I'm right your sister will have nothing to worry about as you have paid the bill.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL