You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
    • Pleased to hear that.   A general comment, for future readers of this thread, from my experiences of being an Executor.   Most large companies have a centralised 'Bereavement' department and I've found it's best to notify the death to them rather than the general customer service call centres. Search the company's website for 'bereavement'.   The bereavement departments are in my experience staffed by people who understand the processes when someone dies both for the relatives/executors and within their own companies and they get things sorted efficiently. (I've never had to use Vodafone's though).
    • Hi All, A simple question really. I received a NTK ticket on a lease vehicle last year from Parking Eye. As expected, they were adamant i was at fault and no payment was made. I highlighted to them that their signage no longer had planning permission and this was ignored however since ignoring this, they have gone quiet and have been for roughly 6 months now. I know they can claim for up to 6 years(??) after. As it was a lease vehicle, the RK was the lease company. PE were provided my personal address and had been communicating with me via letter there. I have now moved house and what i would like to avoid is them issuing court papers, something which i know PE like to do, me not being aware and eventually ending up with a default CCJ against my name. I appreciate i could write to them and update my address with them however i worry this may "Wake them up" a bit regarding my case. What is the best approach here?
    • Forget the warranty that means nothing and a warranty does not replace or over rule your rights under CRA amongst other consumer legislation. which state that outside of 30days but within 6mts its the sellers that is responsibility to confirm the item faulty, which has been done.   contact amazon with that proof and demand a replacement, refund or repair as they feel fit.        
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Llewy67

Rockwell Debt Collection Agency. I have some queries, can anyone help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4019 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

To cut a long story short.......

In 2006 I received a letter from Rockwell regarding a debt I had with my bank. Several letters and phone conversations later I agreed to pay them a set amount each month.

I have been making repayments for this debt since 2006, but they keep wanting more money from me!

I am not sure if making payments was the right way to go, but I have!!

I have just received a letter from them stating that they now want the full remaining balance by July 15th. I cannot of course do this because I struggle to pay them the amount I pay them now.

Rockwell state that my current payment is no longer acceptable and they want more money, or the entire balance.

My questions are these...

1/ Where do I stand regarding the payments? For example, Can they force me to pay more.

2/ As I am paying something, is this regarded in law as acceptible? Is there a minimum that should be payed?

3/ If this debt becomes 6 years old and I haven't paid the entire balance, is the rest written off? I have heard that debts are 'chased for 6 years' and then they can do no more to retreive the monies owed.

3/ Is there a way that I can find out when the debt is from? For example, the Year it started. In my case will that be 2006 when they contacted me?

I appreciate that I have not given too much information here, but the basics are there.

I hope some kind soul can help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.

Llewy

Hello and Welcome, Llewy.

What was the debt ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You shoudnt have been paying them anything in the 1st place with due respect.

They are never happy & will always want more.

They had no legal authority to any money off you - only a court has this power.

Stop all payments immediately, demand full refund & report them to the OFT/trading standards.

You shoudnt have been paying them anything in the 1st place with due respect.

They are never happy & will always want more.

They had no legal authority to any money off you - only a court has this power.

Stop all payments immediately, demand full refund & report them to the OFT/trading standards.

on what grounds can they be reported to the OFT? apart from the fact that the OFT cannot become involved in individual disputes and you at least need grounds for a complaint to Trading standards and i see no grounds there. of course if im missing something im sure you will enlighten me on that point

on what grounds can they be reported to the OFT? apart from the fact that the OFT cannot become involved in individual disputes and you at least need grounds for a complaint to Trading standards and i see no grounds there. of course if im missing something im sure you will enlighten me on that point

Demanding/obtaining money out of the individual without any legal authority to it in the 1st place....

Dont let that simple fact be overlooked :rolleyes:

Demanding/obtaining money out of the individual without any legal authority to it in the 1st place....

Dont let that simple fact be overlooked :rolleyes:

No this is not sufficient to sustain such a complaint and in any event you miss the point that consensual enforcement is permitted under s173(3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 where the debt is regulated by the act

in addition,

There needs to be a clear breach of OFT guidelines on debt collection or a breach of a statute. no there is no breach in the statement above of the OFT guidance so i have to ask which statute you rely upon to advise someone to stop paying

1/ Where do I stand regarding the payments? For example, Can they force me to pay more.

They can alwyas ask but it is important to only offer what is affordable, the best way to make your offer of payment is always in writing via a statement of your means (aka an income/expenditure form!)

2/ As I am paying something, is this regarded in law as acceptible? Is there a minimum that should be payed?

This would be determined by your own affordability - The best way to work this out would be via the income/expenditure form

3/ If this debt becomes 6 years old and I haven't paid the entire balance, is the rest written off? I have heard that debts are 'chased for 6 years' and then they can do no more to retreive the monies owed.

you need 6 clear years of no payment for this to happen, I'm not sure that would be the case for you.

3/ Is there a way that I can find out when the debt is from? For example, the Year it started. In my case will that be 2006 when they contacted me?

You may wish to send them a CCA request, this would entitle you to a full statement of account. If you're not sure what a CCA request is please give us a shout and we will fill you in.

Best wishes,

Seq

I dont imagine there had been any "consenting" here at all - no doubt been threats of this,that & the other if the OP didnt pay up - they said jump, the OP said how high type senario originally..

If thats not a breach i dont know what is :rolleyes:

You want to know why i advocate the "stop paying" theory? - because the only place/organisation with any authority to obtain/demand money out of the individual is the court system.

Surely you must know that ;)

Just to stress....i do not advocate stopping payments if a court has authorised you to pay how ever much, you comply with that at all times as there is consequences of not doing so etc...

But when it comes to DCA's - absolutely as there is no consequnces whatsoever other than them...errr..... going to court ;)

Just to stress....i do not advocate stopping payments if a court has authorised you to pay how ever much, you comply with that at all times as there is consequences of not doing so etc...

But when it comes to DCA's - absolutely as there is no consequnces whatsoever other than them...errr..... going to court ;)

Not everyone wants the stress of further action. Believe it or not some people actually wish to pay the money back that they have borrowed - Just in a reasonable way.

however, i must point to anyone reading the advice of Mr.Ton above, before you take the advice and follow it

IF THE COURT ORDERS YOU TO PAY, YOU WILL HAVE A CCJ REGISTERED AGAINST YOU BY VIRTUE OF THE COURT ORDER

an important point to note and one that can leave some people in certain employment positions unemployed if they have a CCJ so stop and think about that for a minute

Just to stress....i do not advocate stopping payments if a court has authorised you to pay

erm the court doesnt authorise you to pay IT ORDERS YOU there is a difference and one that needs to be distinguished

Not everyone wants the stress of further action. Believe it or not some people actually wish to pay the money back that they have borrowed - Just in a reasonable way.

Futher actions very really happen anyway ;)

The OP has stated that the DCA is demanding more & that they are struggling.

I have reasonably told them that they are legally not entitled to anything in the 1st place, only the court is - so they in no position to dictate what they want & when etc..

If the OP wants to pay back then fine.

But it should be for a court to decide the amount, based on the OP's outgoings etc...

erm the court doesnt authorise you to pay IT ORDERS YOU there is a difference and one that needs to be distinguished

Thats what i meant..sorry if i didnt use the correct word :rolleyes:

I tell you what...sorry i spoke - to the OP, best wishes & just pay up.

Bye from me on this thread :)

Tell us what the debt is for,a CCA request is poss the best way to go.They are bullying you so lets get as much info as poss and maybe we can give more positive help to you ,good luck

was it for a bank account or loan or credit card or overdraft?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi All,

Thank you all for you comments.

As I said in my original post, I didn't give much away.

So to clarify....

The money owed is for a bank loan that I took out and unfortunately found myself in a position where I was unable to continue making the payments. I did approach the bank about my financial situation (which I believe they tell you do!!), but after looking at my income/expenditure they told me there was nothing they could do.

I would like the debt written off, but I realise that this is probably not possible, so I am willing to pay what I am already paying, but no more. As this is all I can afford.

I have written a breakdown of my income/expenditure and most months I have nothing left for this debt, but I feel I have to pay.

I would happily stop the payments if I thought Rockwell where unlawfully taking them. I have no issues with cancelling the payment. In fact I would be happy too!!

How can i get a CCA? It sounds like a good place to start.

I have a letter from the bank (that the original loan was with) stating that they have sold the debt to Rockwell and all payments must now go to them. Does this allow Rockwell to collect the money? If not how can I find out if Rockwell can retrieve this debt.

I hope this all helps.

Thank you again,

Llewy.

Hi All,

Thank you all for you comments.

As I said in my original post, I didn't give much away.

So to clarify....

The money owed is for a bank loan that I took out and unfortunately found myself in a position where I was unable to continue making the payments. I did approach the bank about my financial situation (which I believe they tell you do!!), but after looking at my income/expenditure they told me there was nothing they could do.

I would like the debt written off, but I realise that this is probably not possible, so I am willing to pay what I am already paying, but no more. As this is all I can afford.

I have written a breakdown of my income/expenditure and most months I have nothing left for this debt, but I feel I have to pay.

I would happily stop the payments if I thought Rockwell where unlawfully taking them. I have no issues with cancelling the payment. In fact I would be happy too!!

How can i get a CCA? It sounds like a good place to start.

I have a letter from the bank (that the original loan was with) stating that they have sold the debt to Rockwell and all payments must now go to them. Does this allow Rockwell to collect the money? If not how can I find out if Rockwell can retrieve this debt.

I hope this all helps.

Thank you again,

Llewy.

I would keep up with the agreed payments for the time being. There is a link in the Forum template letters, to request a true copy of your credit agreement. You will need to send this off to Rockwell with a postal order for £1. It is a long drawn out process, so be prepared for a bit of a haul.

If you read through some of the other threads, you will get the idea.

There will always be someone around to help.

When was the loan taken out

Hi,

Thank you vint1954. I have been reading a lot of the other posts, and I see i'm not alone!!

The loan was taken out in 2005.