Tesco - Every Little Helps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 4 months ago I bought a DVD player at Tesco. The item was not expensive and I bought it with my shopping. Of course that meant that I forgot to keep the receipt.

It packed up working just recently so I phoned the helpline. They confirmed that it was faulty. I explained when I bought it, that I bought it on VISA but had no receipt. They said that although they could probably trace the transaction, that they would not accept a visa bill as proof of purchase. I was not happy...

So I went into the store today to explain. The person on the desk said that if I brought the whole item back in with leads, instructions etc. they would do an exchange, so I went home and returned one hour later to find that this person had gone home and the new person said there was nothing she could do. The store manager was called who simply sounded like a broken record.

So, I have decided to never visit Tesco again in my life. I have a family of five. I am also writing to Terry Leahy to point out that, although the loss of my custom will not affect Tesco profits, as they say themselves 'every little counts'.

could be sneaky sneaky, buy the exact same product, put faulty one in this packaging, leave it a few days and take the broken one back with your receipt for a refund lol, worked for me

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

I have always understood it that you dont need a receipt to get a refund or exchange, what you need is proof of purchase. i.e your bank/credit card statement as you originally suggested.

Perhaps a call to your local trading standards will sort things out.

Scatz is correct. There is nothing in law to say that you have to provide a receipt, only a proof of purchase. A bank/credit card statement will do it. I know the DVD player won't show by itself, but if they are really that fussed, they can track the purchase themselves from that receipt.

• Haha 1

Have u tried to speak to toshiba abou it.

It norma;;y works for me when the company i brought it off is being a pain.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Contact your Visa card company and ask them to reverse the transaction?

“Bankruptcy is a legal proceeding in which you put your money in your pants pocket and give your coat to your creditors” - Joey Adams :D