Dispute over £800 quid but The Dispute Service appear to have awarded 1900!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

cut out the needless info, heres the details

Deposit £3250

Disputed amount £800

Yet, in my bank account today the TDS have only returned £1300!!! Surley, the amount the very least I should win would be £3250-800 = £2450.....

I've not got any post from them yet and I have not been able to email them, any ideas? Do they return monies in two lumps or something??

Edited by StuzaTheGreat

The more I think about, the more this cannot be right?! If the initial contested amount was £800 and they've decided to award the other party £1900 (£1100 more than contested) then, it must have been added by the LL/Agents AFTER the initial exit inventory.

Surley this means we cannot be charged for damages/charges AFTER the inventory and that we don't even know about!?

My GF is at home eagerly awaiting the post (which should explain). As soon as she has it, she will phone me and i'll ring the TDS once I understand there logic.

The only reason I can think this has happened is that the agents have significantly raised costs on the check-out inventory. We have no idea what these are and have no chance to defend/put across our side on whatever it is they have added.

TBH, in our covering documentation to the TDS, we asked them to mediate even though the contract was missing the required clause G. Had we thought the agents might be sneaky b&&*&^ds, we would have not done this and taken them to court like our last landloard. That would have been worth £12000!.... this is what you get for trying to play fair I guess.....

Thanks f*&K!

Finaly got through to a very nice gent who quickly explained they have two tennants on record, myself and my girlfriend, so they have split the award 50/50 to us. Hers is in cheque form and she should be receiving this today.

So, thats double my amount putting us about as expected.

Pheeeeeeeeew!