mortgage payment protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i took out payment protection insurance on my mortgage in january 2009, incase i got made redundent. I was made redundent in june of this year and applyed for the insurance(which is meant to get back dated to the day i lost my job). The insurance company have now said because i got payment in lue of notice they will only pay from 14th july. i have looked everywhere in there t & c, but unable to find anything that says this.

can someone please let me know if they have had the same experiance and if so what can i do about it. i like a good fight against companys.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

What matters is the date of your final date of employment,

It is either the day you left and thus your PILON is damages for breach of contract (and thus not subject to tax and NI).

Or, it is at the end of your notice period and PILON was a single payment to take you to the end of your notice period (and is therefore taxable).

When you were made redundant, your redundancy letter should clearly state the date of termination of your employment.