Advice Needed Please

Dylan12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all please could you advise me on a matter.

I recently started a gym memembership last year december 08 I have paid up to date the fee of £30.00 per month.

But in the last month I have missed 1 payment due to the finance company " BELMONT " making an error on my direct debt.

They had set it up as bi weekly on my account. So low and behold I have been charged by the bank aswell. I explained the sitution to them and they never got back to me with regards to setting up a new DD

To cut a long story short in 1 month they have sent me 4 letters which is costing me £30.00 for the prevalige of them sending.

I have not been told I owe them £120.00 which they then sent to RCS debt collectors who now have sent me a letter stating that i pay £284.50

Please advise should i call RCS and explain the situation or call belmont

Kind Regards

Hi and welcome

I personally would write to the DCA and tell them that Belmont made the mistake and for them to sort it out with them.

I would write to Belmont and outline your previous discussion with them on the matter and tell them it's their mistake not yours and that you want this written off.

I would also write to the Gym as it all starts with them and give them one months notice and find a better one to go to.

Thats just my personal opinion there will be others along soon who will have their opinion on this.

NEVER TELEPHONE A DCA tell them in any letter no matter who it's to that you want all communication in writing only.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation