PCN for parking in a private car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Car was parked in a private car parking for an hour and was done so without the knowledge that it was illegal to park there. There were no proper signs as it was an open parking area. Apparently, on return to the car there was a PCN issued (they got the color of the car wrong on this) for 70 pounds if paid within 7 days or 100 pounds if not. As suggested by many, the ticket and also their first letter of correspondence was ignored which was sent exactly after a month after the incident. That letter said the amount has been increased to 130 pounds and also stated who the registered owner of the vehicle (DVLA made money out of this!!)was. Now exactly after another month, there is a "NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION" sent, which says that documents are being prepared for the final recovery of the debt. And warns that if failed to pay within next 7 days, court action may be issued.

Thanks

I will post some images of their letters once I'm allowed to do so in this forum, Until then any advice / suggestions / comments are appreciated.

Edited by palasmy
suggested by members

I strongly advise editing your post to remove any evidence of the driver's identity. :) PPC trolls read this forum, and have been known to use forum posts in court as evidence of the driver's identity.

Other than that, it sounds like you have the right idea by ignoring everything.

I strongly advise editing your post to remove any evidence of the driver's identity. :) PPC trolls read this forum, and have been known to use forum posts in court as evidence of the driver's identity.

Other than that, it sounds like you have the right idea by ignoring everything.

Umm...WHAT identifying details? They haven't even said what PPC is involved, never mind anything that could identify them!

i think he was just fore warning you not to leave personal info on it when you post it , many new posters leave that on their scan they post, rather than telling you you did post something,

jkdd77, thanks for pointing this out, the editing has been done accordingly. It still is worrying when they start talking too much about the court proceedings etc.. I understand this is what they are trying to achieve (scaring people) and make them pay.

After this last 7 days, what would they do next?

Am I being too bothered about this (should I start preparing for a court action?) or should this be totally forgotten? please advise..

and also stated who the registered owner of the vehicle
Just a small point.... not the owner, but the registered keeper.

The DVLA have no records of the owner of any vehicle, only the registered keeper. At one time, I used to drive a company vehicle which was never, at any time, my property, but I was listed as the registered keeper.

As has already been said...... IGNORE !

After a few letters, each one threatening more dire procedings, including a letter from a Debt Collection Agency (in reality, the next desk) and, if you're REALLY lucky, one from a "solicitor", (back to the first desk), they will give up and chase some other target who is not so well informed.

IGNORE.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster, but in the first letter (notice to owner) it is mentioned 'registered owner" and not as you point out as keeper. Are they just trying their luck by throwing a stone to check if the person admits that he is the owner? As you say, DVLA only discloses information about registered keeper and nothing about the owner?

Are they just trying their luck by throwing a stone

they're just a bunch of chancers.

The DVLA publicly admit that "the registered keeper is not necessarily the owner."

Just ignore!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster, but in the first letter (notice to owner) it is mentioned 'registered owner" and not as you point out as keeper. Are they just trying their luck by throwing a stone to check if the person admits that he is the owner? As you say, DVLA only discloses information about registered keeper and nothing about the owner?

What they have done is tried to fraudulently imitate a council Notice to Owner. Bear in mind they have one brain cell between them - they don't care what they throw in as long as it gets the victim to pay.

Bear in mind the more fraudulent parking companies are the ones that are least likely to do court. They have no intention of putting their tat in front of a judge so go to town with the unlawful paperwork.

Hello All,

As said pls find attached the images of two letters that was received so far. Hope this helps other members as well.. Please excuse for the blur image as I couldn't help it with my old digcam

park fine1.jpg

park fine2.jpg

Edited by palasmy
error