alan1971

moorcroft sending mail to neighbours. help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4043 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello, thanks for taking the time to read my problem. we are in a position of going bankrupt through the l.i.l.a route once we get together the fee and sort a few more details out.

we owe moorcroft money for about 3 different accounts, the problem is they are sending the mail to my neighbours address which is very similar to mine i have been on the phone to them asking to change the address back to mine. they say mine was down as a previous address and on the letters they send they say they got this address from a credit reference agency who linked addresses.

my neighbour believed that we were hurting his ability to obtain credit and the next day came round with one of the letters he had opened from moorcroft and said this was why he wasnt getting credit it was all very embarassing. then a week later he came round shouting again because another letter had came which he said he opened to get a number to ring them.

more than anything i just want them to stop sending my mail to the neighbour who is getting pretty angry because it isnt sorted.

thanks for any help in advance, alan :)

They have a duty to make sure they are keeping your data secure.

Ring trading standards on 08454 040506

I would write to their complaints department and inform them that they are writing to the wrong address and if they continue to write to the wrong address then you will be reporting them to the OFT.

Also write to the Credit Reference Agency's telling them you have no link with your neighbours address and ask them to remove your neighbours address.

Sorry i cannot be of more help.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Your neibour is breaking the law by opening your mail for a start. Your credit file cannot affect his either. He could phone moorcroft and tell them to stop sending mail to his house.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure about that:

" (3) A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person's detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him."

Postal Services Act 2000 (c. 26)

The "intending to act to a person's detriment" would seem to be the bit that determines whether it's an offence or not.

hi

Count orlok is right, your neighbour is definately breaking the law, there is a return address on the envelope, so he has no reason at all to open the letter, especially as it does not have his name on the front.

Quote:

" (3) A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person's detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him."

your neighbour has no 'reasonable' excuse for opening your mail, it clearly has your name on it, and a return address on the reverse. A lot of people have the opinion that because the mail has come to their address they can open it, they are incorrect and breaking the law by opening it!

And your neighbours house has nothing to do with him obtaining credit, a credit file affects the individual, not the property, so he must have debt himself to be refused credit!

I would put your complaint in writing to Moorcroft, OFT, Trading Standards, FSA and CSA, as in my experience, Moorcroft staff are incapable of recording accurate or correct information.

Hope this helps.

opening mail not addressed to you is a criminal offence, that being said morecrap should get it right, report them to th oft about this

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

i really appreciate all the replys folks :)

i tried to tell the guy it has nothing to do with his credit score but he reckons its blacklisting his house (i know it isnt!) i thought it was problly illegal to open my mail but i dont want to make a big deal of it incase he goes shouting off to everybody about our debt problems :(

i will get some letters typed up to send to moorcroft and oft etc i just hope they listen quick enough, on the phone they were only interested in getting me to make a token payments before they could stop the action as they called it!

thanks again, alan

If they said that I would take it has a threat to make me pay, add that to the complaint

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

they will listen when he oft gets on to them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.