• Tweets

• But I am reducing the complaint and sticking to basics
    • nothing new always been that way for 25+yrs now i had voip lines with NTL back in the late 90's which is why a real trucall box or a handset with real truecall software in it is SO good.   on average i get about 25-35 of these calls a month NONE get thru  the ones that spoof UK or mobile numbers are still screened are easily dealt with the truecall system   if they are real, the only thing they have to do is speak and you get an alert ring to listen to whom call with the option to accept or ZZapp them. once zapped that number never gets thru again.   its worthy to note that the scammers only ever use disconnected numbers, or fake numbers after a known local UK dialling code well the truecall software already knows these numbers as it gets the same databases the scammers use. if the number doesnt come up on the fake/disconnected list, it also then checks if the UK number is listed active UK and will auto put people thru   very clever little device worth every penny and mine is from 2006 when i joined CAG.
    • No the info on comms log isn't quite right, I hadn't worked since Xmas due to bereavement but I wasn't staying in Somerset since the Xmas. The comms log is very deceitful indeed  and after I had finished evaluating it fully I came to the conclusion MB are very manipulative, they lie, cheat and twist the truth, but it only takes the slightest slip up and everything crumbles. You see in order for MB to have taken any further steps they have to be entitled to take them. So when they lie and try to deceive the truth prevails 😊, so to send a copy of a Default Sums Notice dated 15/1/17 that doesn't exist on the log anywhere and Ive never had the original and then fail to include one in the SAR that is listed on the log as generated on 18/1/17 (not had this one either)  doesn't the consequence of that 1 act prevent them from any further action until the notices are served  86 (e) Notice of default sums (5)If the creditor or owner fails to give the debtor or hirer the notice under this section within the period mentioned in subsection (2), he shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement until the notice is given to the debtor or hirer.  
    • keep to recent threads/ifo.   things have changed since the new Conc rules replaced the old rubbish a debt owner must either put up or shut up did you not read the SB letter yourself?      
    • cnt see any indication of what the devil the IVa company were upto in court just because the IVA failed. i can see it was done thru PayPlan, bit it wouldn't have been payplan that did it some fleecing mob like Harrington Brooks or alike.  
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3290 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone recommend websites where I can find employment at home. I am so desparate for some work even if it is stuffing envelops or maybe copy typings

generally stuff like that gets advertised in your local paper or on introduction sites like jobrapido.co.uk.

a word of warning though, 90% of these "work from home" jobs are in fact scams, usually involving unpaid telesales work, foot canvassing or stuffing envelopes, usually somewhere along the line requireing you to make soem sort of financial outlay in return for nothing but exaggerated earnings potentials or unfulfilled promises.

trust me, been there, done that, got the T-shirt, comematorive program and celebratory tattoo.

I really don't believe there is a genuine 'stuffing envelopes' job out there. I often browse.. looking for opportunities and ideas. Trying to sift through the 98% scams to find useful info.

There's only 3 ways i know how to make money that works:

Property

Selling plants grown from seed

Busking (Don't suppose you can play the piano?)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Have you considered home parties? From your name I presume you're a fella, and i'm not sure what parties there are for men or male sales reps...but it might be worth looking into??

• 2 years later...

Just came across this thread but thought worth resurrecting as it's a common issue.

Be incredibly careful - there are lots of scams out there around work from home jobs. Avoid anything mentioning Western Union, cashier jobs that involve buying/selling on eBay/Paypal etc. Gumtree has a good page that outlines some of the most common scams in its stay safe section

Adzuna has a decent selection of not-so-scammy work from home jobs

• 2 weeks later...