style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What would happen if a Bailiff entered your property and your dog bit him or her ?. I do not mean that the dog was in anyway given encouragement to attack , but because it is the dogs natural instinct to protect his "territory". Imagine a scenario where a bailiff has a walking possession order, you have inadvertantly left open a door , and in he walks. The dog does what good house dogs do , and attacks him. Where would you stand law wise ?. If you knew bailiffs were coming on a certain day to remove your goods , and you had a dog not averse to biting strangers , would the onus be on the bailiff or the owner to ensure nothing happens ?

Light travels faster than sound.............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

I would say you'd be in trouble IMO. If the bailiff had a right to enter, you'd left the door open and knew they were turning up on that day then i would imagine a Court would probably agree that you left the dog out purposefully to injure the bailiff.

Worst case scenario is the bailiff prosecutes you and the dog is put to sleep by order of the Court! :( I wouldn't risk that happening to my dog.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Well I have a Sleeve trained Rottweiler and any bailiff that just walks in to my home unanounced does so at his own risk Rottweilers are VERY teratorial how ever IF I knew he was coming then that would be differant and she would be caged but I would still expect the bailiff to knock first and wait for me to let him in if he had a walking posession order