Partially settled account now they placed default help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Short(ish) history - Got into financial strife last year. Was advised by CAB to change bank account.

CAB wrote to all creditors advising our financial situation. All responded except Natwest.

Finally after a few months heard from Triton - they offered settlements (partial) on two bank accounts. Family member put the money up and all was settled in April.

The problem I now have is Natwest have entered one of the account on CRF - this particular account has never been on CRFs, though it's been running since 1981:eek: So over all those years I never benefited from have a great record of running this account. But the (barstools) oops, barstewards have gone an put a default against it saying I had missed 8 payments??

I have an overdraft facility, my last statement from them was uptil 11/2/09 and I hadn't gone over the overdraft amount. Therefore from that time til 4/4/09 it would be less than 2 months exceeding the overdraft (and only due to their excessive charges and interest)

Now the account has been closed & I want to challenge the default on CRF, on the file it says default occured in May, which is odd as the account was settled in April. I have never received a default notice for this particular account and don't believe it should have been placed.

I want to do a SAR, but through triton, so that I get all triton comms as well as natwest (spoke to triton, I know slap my wrist, they inform me I can do that way) My one concern is I don't want to get their backs up if they are thinking that I am going to try a reclaim charges, 'cos they have written off a fair amount and I don't want this to come back to life.

I have searched the SAR but can't find the one that mentioned I want all data including comms.

Please can someone advise me on this as I'm really angry with Natwest, because they never responded to any of our letters or phone calls when I was in a dreadful place, the only thing they could do was ask if I was in a position to take out a loan, which I couldn't. Sorry this is a bit of a rant.

Joemay:mad:

Edited by joemay

Is this the S.A.R letter you want?

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions and/or recordings of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I sent the letter which clemma kindly provided for SAR. I've rec'd 2 packages one from Triton one from Natwest, but they have only provided statements for the past 6 yrs, a couple of reqs by phone and a few cons details with triton (not all I might add).

Am I entitled to receive everything from them, my account goes back as far as 1981 but they've only sent 6 years. What letter should I be sending them to get all info from them - as far as I can tell they haven't complied with my request.