You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

help_please

Barclays cancelled reserve without warning

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was given a 500 pound reserve limit on top of my agreed overdraft by Barclays last year. Unfortunately I had to use the facility as Im on an extremely low income at the moment - even though the reserve fee of 22 pounds per week was swallowing up a third of my monthly income.

Anyway to cut a long story short, for some reason unknown to me Barclays have decided to withdraw the reserve facility without any prior warning ..... I only found out last week when I attempted to pay for my groceries with my debit card and it wouldn't authorise - a very embarrassing situation to be in - then one of my DD's for 12 pounds was also returned unpaid, for which Barclays have also charged me 8 pounds.

The money that was paid into my account at the end of June has been swallowed up to pay back part of the reserve fee ..... and I am left with absolutely no money to buy food with or pay my bills till the end of this month - and I wont have much left from that either.

Are they allowed to do this?

I need urgent advice please.

You sure you are being serious? £22 for a reserve???

I'd have suggested you cancel it earlier cos it is NOT a benefit to anyone BUT the bank.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Help Please and welcome to CAG.

Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below.

Also read items 3,7 and 8 here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

It sounds to me like you'd qualify under the Financial Hardship rules and should claim a refund of charges on this basis. Use the links in the FH article to get the Hardship spreadsheets.

Under the FH rules, you should be considered for an immediate refund without waiting for the OFT test case to be resolved. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Help Please and welcome to CAG.

Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below.

Also read items 3,7 and 8 here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

It sounds to me like you'd qualify under the Financial Hardship rules and should claim a refund of charges on this basis. Use the links in the FH article to get the Hardship spreadsheets.

Under the FH rules, you should be considered for an immediate refund without waiting for the OFT test case to be resolved. :)

Barclays are looking at charges up to August 2008 prior to the introduction of the reserve. It is very rare that they refund any of the £22 ones apart from the odd one here or there.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Under the Hardship Rules, they are repaying some older charges and the more recent Reserve charges.

HelpPlease should make a full claim anyway and we'll help as and when necessary, if Barclays refuse to repay.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)