You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

simon43

How to pay the CCA 1 pound from overseas?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4015 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have lived in Thailand since 2002 and have no assets in the UK. I have recently been contacted (by call to my Thai mobile phone), by Allied International Credit (AIC) about a 6,000 pound RBS loan that they claim I defaulted on in 2005. This loan was taken out by me whilst I was living permanently in Thailand and I also obtained loss of employment cover for that loan at the time, should I become unemployed in Thailand. Although I was living overseas, they accepted my loss of employment insurance cover application. When I subsequently became unemployed, RBS refused to honour the insurance because they said that I was living overseas.... (that fact didn't stop them from giving me the loss of employment cover and loan at the time).

I have told AIC that I do not acknowledge the debt. They have now sent a letter to my new Thai employer's address in which they state that they 'are preparing the above account for transfer to our legal representatives in your country'

I want to write to AIC requesting a copy of the CCA, but have no means to send either a UK cheque or postal order for the 1 pound! (I have no UK bank account and the local Thai post office will fall about laughing if I ask for a 1 pound postal order!).

For those of us who live overseas, how can we request a copy of the CCA if we do not have a UK cheque book?

Thanks

Simon

I have lived in Thailand since 2002 and have no assets in the UK. I have recently been contacted (by call to my Thai mobile phone), by Allied International Credit (AIC) about a 6,000 pound RBS loan that they claim I defaulted on in 2005. This loan was taken out by me whilst I was living permanently in Thailand and I also obtained loss of employment cover for that loan at the time, should I become unemployed in Thailand. Although I was living overseas, they accepted my loss of employment insurance cover application. When I subsequently became unemployed, RBS refused to honour the insurance because they said that I was living overseas.... (that fact didn't stop them from giving me the loss of employment cover and loan at the time).

I have told AIC that I do not acknowledge the debt. They have now sent a letter to my new Thai employer's address in which they state that they 'are preparing the above account for transfer to our legal representatives in your country'

I want to write to AIC requesting a copy of the CCA, but have no means to send either a UK cheque or postal order for the 1 pound! (I have no UK bank account and the local Thai post office will fall about laughing if I ask for a 1 pound postal order!).

For those of us who live overseas, how can we request a copy of the CCA if we do not have a UK cheque book?

Thanks

Simon

do you have a friend or good mate in this country you can forward the letter to and ask them to put the £1 postal order in it and then forward on?

If they were aware that you lived abroad when accepting you for insurance, to claim that because you live abroad you dont qualify means mis-selling in my book. You'd need to work out how much all the PPI charges are and as you are abroad and have no address in the uk to serve documents on I think you would have to go via the FOS route.

S.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.