Mackenzie Hall-Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I cca'd a dca called !st Credit well over a year ago - no response then last week received collection lettersfrom mackenzie Hall, sent letters (2 debts with same OC) disputing the debt saying they were disputed with 1st credit and they had no right to pass it to another DCA and asked they return these accounts to 1st Credit, was this right?? No cca received at all. Then a few days afterI sent them, have received anotehr letter asking me/whoever lives here to confirm that I was the person they wanted and if I wasnt to ring a freephone number and they would take the address off their files, now obviousely I am the person they want, do I tell them that, there is an e-mail address I can respond to?

I dont want letters going to my folks house as my father has the same name as me (thanks dad - great name I dont think) and i dont want my dad knowing my circumstances as other deep family issues apply here.

Why are they sendingletters askingif its me/i live here when I have already said I am through the letter I sent to say send the accounts back to 1st Credit, i didnt say it wasnt my debt, just that it was in dispute as 1st credit hadn't sent a cca. It is me but 1st credit havent sent a cca so bit lost on what to do next. i wont ring them but should I e-mail them? Are they a decent DCA?

Muchly grateful for any help

Hiya

I cca'd a dca called !st Credit well over a year ago - no response then last week received collection lettersfrom mackenzie Hall, sent letters (2 debts with same OC) disputing the debt saying they were disputed with 1st credit and they had no right to pass it to another DCA and asked they return these accounts to 1st Credit, was this right?? No cca received at all. Then a few days afterI sent them, have received anotehr letter asking me/whoever lives here to confirm that I was the person they wanted and if I wasnt to ring a freephone number and they would take the address off their files, now obviousely I am the person they want, do I tell them that, there is an e-mail address I can respond to?

I dont want letters going to my folks house as my father has the same name as me (thanks dad - great name I dont think) and i dont want my dad knowing my circumstances as other deep family issues apply here.

Why are they sendingletters askingif its me/i live here when I have already said I am through the letter I sent to say send the accounts back to 1st Credit, i didnt say it wasnt my debt, just that it was in dispute as 1st credit hadn't sent a cca. It is me but 1st credit havent sent a cca so bit lost on what to do next. i wont ring them but should I e-mail them? Are they a decent DCA?

Muchly grateful for any help

I would not respond to their is it you letter. They know it is. They probably just want to get you on the phone. DO NOT TALK TO THEM.

If you have sent a letter asking them to refer it back to the first creditor, I would wait a couple of weeks before chasing them again.

Did 1st Credit buy the debt of of OC?

Vint

No idea mate, the OC chased me for a while, then ist Credit, who I ccad, then nothing for a while until theese latest letters turned up from Mackenzie Hall.

Cheers for replying

I think this is the point where you also inform McScroungers that as the debt is already in dispute, you will be charging them for every letter and 'phone call you have to deal with.

There can not be two seperate DCA's pursing the same account.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Thanks guys, this is the letter I sent to Mhall, should I still send copies of the cca requests i made to 1st credit

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with HFC Bank and 1st Credit has been since 28 February 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As HFC Bank and 1st Credit are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the 1st Credit for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Mackenzie Hall cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If Mackenzie Hall chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

That's exactly the right letter to send to these cretins. Send it recorded delivery and if they continue to write report the idiots to the OFT. They have had their wrists slapped by the regulators for their handling of accounts in dispute and are on warning to comply with the rules.

Thanks for that mate, so I need do nothing else in regards to contacting them?

Thats the letter I sent and the response was "Can you confirm if this person (me) lives at this address, eerrrmm, yes i bloody well sent you the letters. Muppets!!

Thanks for that mate, so I need do nothing else in regards to contacting them?

Thats the letter I sent and the response was "Can you confirm if this person (me) lives at this address, eerrrmm, yes i bloody well sent you the letters. Muppets!!

When did you send the letter in post 8?

• 5 weeks later...

Hiya folks

well more update on these muppets, cleary ignored (as they said I have theirs??) my last letter and now recieved demanding letters this morning, cant find copies of original cca i sent so have now cca them direct, on the letters it had a date next week to pay and says they have confirmed my address by linking another one.

To be honest, this is the debt colletion agancy that hasnt passed the account back to the previous DCA when I've said its in dispute, is this normal for this lowlife company, have a feeling I'm gonna have to go to court and am bit worried to be honest.

Thats reassuring, cheers mate. Certainly hope its end of line for them with these debts.

Who do I contact at TS, and which one should I contact? Does anybody know?

Great forum this, think I'm gonna stick around :razz: