• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lazza v nationwide

lorrainemiller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Just a quick message.My claim is for £4960 plus £1005 int @ 8%.I have taken in forms to court and got a claim number.Is it too late to add on this months charges?Ironic really , I haven't had any since May and then this month things go bad again.Got statement this morning saying charges of £209 plus £5.80 interest will be debited in the next 28 days.

I know I have to wait till these are actually debited to add them on but is it worth an email to let them know I want these back aswell?Who to?Charles Bacon seems to be the answer to all these questions is it Him and whats his email address.Thanks anyone...

They won't add them on but what might happen is that when the claim is settled you find out that they have been cancelled - that's what happened to me without having to ask.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I really thought I would be the one test case where they decided I had really deserved all those charges and wouldn't get a penny back....I WAS WRONG!!!!!

Last Night at 9pm I received back 4 amounts described as corrections of £950 each and a 5th amount of £956.36 totalling an amazing £4756.36!YIPPEE!!

My claim was for £4960 plus £1009.15 interest plus £250 court costs so my calculations show a shortfall of £1462.79 which I will obviously be wanting back too.They are not getting away with any of my money now.I also have this months charges of £209 to claim back so will be sending an email to Charles Bacon this morning outlining this.Many thanks to all for help esp. Dolly and Davisc02.Cheers...Will be donating once all settled without hesitation, would have been almost impossible without the templates and advice,Thanks again.

Well done Lorraine. I don't think you'll get the shortfall without a fight. They've paid me out half so far so i'm not waiting for the 28 days to expire from the acknowledgement.

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Wait to see if they pay the rest in, or your letter telling you how much you are getting.

Thanks everyone.Have sent email to Mr Bacon as follows

Dear Charles

Re: Claim No 6AS01502

Total amount on court claim form: Total charges over past six years:£4960.00

8% Interest under sec.69 of cc act 1984: £1009.15

Court Costs: 250.00

Totalclaim:£6219.15

Paid into my account yesterday 4 payments @ £950

1 payment @ £956.36

This totals £4756.36

According to my calculations this leaves a shortfall of £1462.79

I have phoned the courts to see what my next steps should be to recover this shortfall and they have told me to send this email to you and let them know your response....

I would also bring to your attention that this month a charge of £209 plus £5.08 interest will be charged to my account.

May I ask for a refund of these charges in full.

If these unlawful charges are not also refunded I will have no option but to take these to the court aswell which will again incur interest and court fees.

Awaiting your response

Yours sincerely

Lorraine Miller

Does this seem ok or do I sound a bit agressive...I'm really a very nice person...normally!!!

Well every day gets better.Two more payments just in;one for £1000 and the other for £256. I am now only £207 adrift.I have also had charges of £214 this month which I have emailed Charles Bacon about so I will now sit back for a week or two then decide what to do.I'm off to buy a new dishwasher, as I have actually been washing up for the last two weeks!!!Quelle Horreur!!!

Had my final letter today(with the exception of my account closure notice)from the office of Charles Bacon.In response to my email they have outlined what they have refunded.My claim was for £4960 they calculated charges at £4756 which they have refunded.Interest of £1009 and court costs of £250, all refunded.And this months charges of £214 all cancelled.So in the light of all this I am prepared to accept their slightly revised figure as I was unsure of a couple of them.So this is one big success story and from start to finish took me six weeks(although I already had all my statements).Many thanks to all....