Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I was made unemployed end of May 2009. At that time I was within my overdraft limit of £100. It was £99.98. A charge of £5.00 was taken out for being overdrawn the previous month by the Alliance and Leicester.

That then took me over my overdraft limit. Then at the end of that month they charged me I had jobseekers allowance paid in for £128.60. At the same time they took out EXCEEDING OVERDRAFT LIMIT FEE £100. Plus £1.00 for overdraft usage fee. Thus leaving me nothing to live on.

They have since then taken out another £100 plus £1. They are due to do this again at the end of this month.

The account will then be £324.00 overdrawn and of course accumalate more overdrawn fees.

I am still on jobseekers allowance at the moment, but have managed to get that sent out as a GIRO.

I have never been in this mess before until being made unemployed. I have no family to help me get it within its limit and am struggling at the moment.

I have applied for 900 jobs currently and had two interviews. (normal job is Metallurgist/Process Engineer) I am willing to work anywhere just difficult getting work at the moment.

How on earth can I sort this mess out with my overdraft?:(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Welcome to cag


You will need to start the process of reclaiming your charges back, before you do this have a read of the links i have given you.

If the bank are taking charges from benefits you can send the letter. right of appropriation.Also you can apply for the charges to be returned by claiming hardship.



Letter for an application for consideration for hardship







A-Z Index








HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!




.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...