Mercers passed on debt to Calders (who are driving me nuts)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello wise ones,

Barclaycard = disputed account, they pass to mercers = disputed account and now they are sending the muppets at Calders after me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/207851-barclaycards-response-my-sar.html

That link is to a post regarding my SAR to Barclaycard and gives a little background as to why the accounts are disputed (they have doctored important forms)

The problem I have now is from Calders who have called me about 15 times since 8:00am this morning. The last call I got from them was from the snottiest trumped up little git that I have ever had the displeasure of speaking to.

Even though I explained the full situation in Laymans terms, and spoke very very slowly and clearly so that they could understand all the big grown up words I was using they really don't get the message at all.

I explained the account was in dispute, I explained there were numerous discrepencies on the account and explained that until resolved they wouldn't be getting a penny from me as the debt is unenforceable and at present the data protection manager at Barclaycard was looking into fraudulent doctoring of CCA's that I had flagged up with them. Here is the reply I got.

I QUOTE

"Mr Zorro, over 5 months up until and including last November you spent a total of £600 on your credit card and now becuase you haven't got any money and your poorer than you was last year your trying your best to wriggle out of paying what you owe. (I explained my situation)

I frankly don't care what your current situation is Mr Zorro and I would like to ask you to get down the job centre and get a job so you can pay back what you know you owe. (I explained the debt is unenforceable and that the CCA / app form was doctored) That is your story Mr Zorro, and I am telling you now that you have got 7 days to pay this money or we will send in the Baliffs to get the money for us (I explained only the courts could send in the baliffs) Well you have been warned.

Then the little git told me to go to www.monster.co.uk as they have loads of jobs on there.

This guy hasn't got a clue and is what I put in the catogory *telephone hardman*.

The thing is the only reason I don't work is becuase I am now disabled due to an accident and I would love to go back to my £35000 per year job with my company car but sadly that can not happen and I will have to one day retrain.

Anyhows I ended the call saying "Listen you trumped up little tart I have explained the law and my rights to you and you obviously haven't listend to a word I have said and I demand that from now on all correspondance to be put in writing", I hung up...

This guy as really rattled me because he made it personal and I am so happy I wrote down what he was saying to me otherwise no one would believe it... I could barely belive it.

What am I suppose to do about this as I have not had any letters yet from them and up until last Friday this was with Barclaycard for investigation.

Another thing is as well that Barclaycard are still charging interest on the account even though it is in dispute. Any ideas guys and gals.

I am totally disgusted and if I was fit and well and I bumped into this little git I would have to take him to one side for a quite word ;)

Any help is welcome

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

well,if Mercers couldn't collect,what makes them think another DCA will be able to do any different-an BC can add on interest all they like-no CCA,no money,unfortunately!!;)

file all letters under "bin"

I do this with them all now-can't even be bothered to insult the idiots any more

Hi Zorro!

I got Calder onto me as well! i never speak to the muppets! and now you find out from that last phonecall why it a complete waste of time,They are just on a script to frighten you into making payments and the average one probaly does not have a clue what you talking about when you tell him about unenforceable CCAs and account in dispute issues!All they interested in is getting some commision from BC by frightening you into making an arrangement over phone to pay them there and then! otherwise their commision flies out of the window:D so at least you wasted his time and phone bill and he did not get his commision:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

In my case the answer to my telephone harrasement problem was to get a cheap answer machine so i can screen calls and when i get one of calders i just ignore it:DI think they even tried to get crafty one day and did a three ring call put phone down and did a full ring guessing correctly that i did used to have a telephone code for friends and relatives to use to tell me it alright to answer phoonr but some instinct told me not to answer especially as everyone i want to speak to knows now i have an answer machine!to warn me who they are,I did a 1471 number and googled it! It was Calders! and they tried that tred a second time a few minutes later! Well Calders will have to try harder than that!:D so they can be crafty beggers!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Also Cag sells a telephone system called true call though it does cost a about £90 i believe so may not be easy to find money but it does sound a good piece of machinery that allows you to block calls and to record harrasing calls !

I will look into the phone system thing.

I am just waiting to get a letter through from their "pre-court department" so I can respond appropriatley. I am just going to answer calls from friends and family anything else (witheld, 0845 etc) will be ignored. Just gonna keep it in writing. My god they are so full of crap though. Who on earth would want to be a debt collector??

p.s. are Barclaycard allowed to apply interest to an account that is clearly in dispute and that is undergoing it's own internal investigation. I thought that if an account was in dispute then they couldn't add any interest????

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

Alf do you know if BC are allowed to constantly charge interest even though they know the account is in dispute (and for good reason I might add).

What is the law surrounding disputed accounts?

I am not 100% sure on the legalities of an account incuring interest whilst disputed. But from personal experience B/C continued to add near a £1000 interest and penalty charges to my account whilst disputed. The interest was only halted once the account was farmed out to a third party collector, ie NCO/RMA

But if there is no enforceable agreement they can add £2000 per month interest, will make no difference to the outcome.

NO CCA = NO ENFORCEABLE DEBT.

Did the bitch at Calders rearly say this to you

"Mr Zorro, over 5 months up until and including last November you spent a total of £600 on your credit card and now becuase you haven't got any money and your poorer than you was last year your trying your best to wriggle out of paying what you owe. (I explained my situation)

I frankly don't care what your current situation is Mr Zorro and I would like to ask you to get down the job centre and get a job so you can pay back what you know you owe. (I explained the debt is unenforceable and that the CCA / app form was doctored) That is your story Mr Zorro, and I am telling you now that you have got 7 days to pay this money or we will send in the Baliffs to get the money for us (I explained only the courts could send in the baliffs) Well you have been warned.

I would ripped in to her if she spoke to me like that.

I would make a complaint to the OFT and your local Trading Standards. There is no proof they said it unless you have the conversation recorded, but it will be yet another complaint to add the their ever growing file.

I would say this to you:

Pay them nothing until the dispute is resolved the your satisfaction (not theirs)

NEVER EVER speak to ANY DCA on the phone. I know there constant calls are a pain in the arse, but either ignore them or refuse to answer their security questions and put the phone down.

Not much else you can do until you get some response from Barclayshark about your complaint

Thats is almost exactly what was said to me - I only wish I had a recording device becuase I would love a judge (or watchdog) to have a listen to it. Honestly I was shocked. They were just trying to get me down, and rattle me a bit, but I have the full might and support of this site behind me so I am not that bothered and next time I will be prepared for their underhanded dealings and when they get personal and throw around nasty remarks then someone will swing for it I can assure you of that.

I am in a bit of a predicament now. This debt started out at £1 over my credit limit and it is now several hundred pounds over my limit. I have worked out that if I claimed my charges back plus interest at a contractual rate then they would owe me money. The debt now is less than £500.00 and I was paying it when it was at £261.00 (a pound above my limit) but the they would just not play ball and pretty much passed the debt to Mercers the second I fell into trouble financially which is why I went down the route I did re: CCA and SAR.

Should I go after the charges even though the account is in dispute and if I do how on earth do I figure out the contractual interest (compounded etc) if I do. I understand I will have to go through the courts to claim contractual interest but I am willing to do this.

Any thoughts / advice?