• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New here and starting to claim

jen999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just printed off my DPA letter to get list of charges back. Fingers crossed. I have a parachute account opened already but it is just a basic current account. I don't have a cheque book or debit card. Is this ok? I can get it upgraded if I move everything to the other bank. Should I move everything now as A&L will most probably close my account? What have you guys done? Thanks.

Data Protection Act sent to A&L 7 August 2006

Prelim Letter sent 1st class recorded 7 November 2006

Settled in full April 2007

Hi jen999

I've just got to the satge of sending my LBA. There's been no action regarding closing my account, but from the threads and reply's I've had, it sounds like they definately will do at some stage. I opened a new account with Smile, all done online and the account was up and running in 2 days!! Free £500 overdraft, Debit card and cheque book.

Good luck

6/06/06 Data Protection letter sent, 18/07/06 Statements Received Total Charges £1,543.25. Int £366.13, 01/08/06 First request for repayment sent, 03/08/06 No you can't have your money letter received, 31/08/06 sending LBA, 05/09/06 Our charges are fair letter received, 14/09/06 Moneyclaim filed, 18/09/06 A&L say they will defend.[SIZE="1"][/SIZE] 29/09/06 Settled without interest, 6/10/06 Letter to A&L requesting further payment of £362.47 to settle

I'm at about the same stage -with the first of my two accounts with A + L. I have recived the nothing unlawful letter back and am about to proceed with the LBA - much heartened by the front page of the sunday times. There have been gaps between my bouts of activity as I still have a need/inclination to stick my head in the sand. Wish you well with your action. I have opened an a/c with first direct and all has gone OK. A + L have closed my account as of last week so I was just in time! regards Boudica

• 1 month later...

I have now got my statements and need to sit down and go through them. I am even more determined than ever now as I got charged another £25 this week for going over my overdraft limit by £10 for less than a day!!

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a silly question but I'm wondering which spreadsheet I should use for my schedule of charges with my prelim letter. I live in Northern Ireland. Would one of the English spreadsheets be ok as it is A&L I am claiming from? Does it have to be in spreadsheet form or would a list of charges be ok?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Jen

I am at the same stage as you. In fact I only received my statements this morning and spent most of the afternoon sorting out the charges. I have used the basic charges spread sheet from Vampiress. You can find them all here.

Good luck with your claim

Roger

Don't steal..... the banks don't like competition!!!

A&L Claim £666.50

Data Protection Act Letter sent 04/09/06

Statements received 07/10/06

Prelim Letter sent 09/10/06

Received bog off letter 14/10/06

LBA sent 14/10/06

Received bog off letter 20/10/06

MCOL entered 30/10/06

Claim Reference 6QZ78661

Acknowledgement of Intended Defence recd 07/11/06

CHEQUE RECEIVED IN FULL PAYMENT 13/11/06

I have now gone through my statements and found charges from 2001 for overdraft which are £8. Does anyone know if I can claim this charge back or was this an old charge just for using an overdraft? Back in those days I was nearly always in the black lol. There are also charges form then for £3.50 per day. I am assuming I can claim the £3.50s.

Thanks again for any help.

Just had a look t the back of some 2001 statements I still have and can't find any reference to an £8 overdragt charge.

The only overdraft charges are £10 for an unauthorised overdraft plus £3.50 per day. So the total of these charges should be included in your claim, as they are penalties.

Hope this helps

Roger

A&L Claim £666.50

LBA sent 14/10/06

MCOL entered 30/10/06

Claim Reference 6QZ78661

Thanks Rogs128. I will add these charges to my spreadsheet tomorrow night (off to bed now as I'm working in the morning) and hopefully get the letter off on Wednesday morning. It all comes to around £200. That would be a nice sum to have just before Christmas.

Hi Jen

Did you get your Prelim letter sent off?

Roger

A&L Claim £666.50

LBA sent 14/10/06

MCOL entered 30/10/06

Claim Reference 6QZ78661

I haven't sent my letter off yet. I have been working and was on nightshift last night and again tonight. I will definitely do it at the weekend and get it off on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jen

Did you get your letter sent off? Had any reply yet?

Roger

A&L Claim £666.50

LBA sent 14/10/06

MCOL entered 30/10/06

Claim Reference 6QZ78661

Hi Rogs128,

I only sent my letter off today (oops). My total is £197 so hopefully should have something to report back with soon.

Got the standard bog off letter back today. That was quick!! Do I have to wait the 14 days before sending my LBA or can I get that off straight away? Thanks for any help.

Depends on the wording of the sod off letter. If they have said this is our final position and you can go away, send LBA. I sent mine when I received the fob off letter because I was angry at their presumption that I would go away.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Hi Jen

I sent my LBA off as soon as I received that first letter as well. However I was advised by Caro that I should have waited the full 14 days, as IF this ever went to a court you could show that you had been 'reasonable' in allowing them the full 14 days.

Then when I sent my LBA that was replied to within 5 days or so, and I did wait the full 14 days before entering my MCOL.

Like everyone says, ignore the A&L time frames and stick to your own diary....

Roger

A&L Claim £666.50

LBA sent 14/10/06

MCOL entered 30/10/06

Claim Reference 6QZ78661

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved my reply to my LBA today. I am now waiting until 14 days are up before doing my MCOL. As I am in Northern Ireland is there anything different about doing an MCOL?

Hi jen I've just submitted my online moneyclaim a week or so ago against A&L for £790.00 charges plus 8% interest which worked out at £63.00 . My online moneyclaim cost £80.00 to submit which is refundable in the overall claim making a total claim of £933.00. if I was you I would make a start on the Monyclaim so that you can submit it bang on the 14 days which will then be served on A&L the following day. A&L will have 28 days to submit a defence if they intend to defend which they iwill state they intend to however, from what I have read from everyone else is that they will pay up prior to any court date .i dont think its any different for you in N.ireland with your claim. Good Luck

Thanks for your advice neathboy2. I'll make a start on it over the next few days.

Thanks for the link Michael Browne. I will have a good read of that.

Will keep you all posted.

• 4 months later...

I got my cheque in the post today. I am so glad I did it now. I have taken longer than most but I got there in the end. Hurrah.

WELL DONE

I think you have to let a moderator know so that they can move you to the SUCCESSES section

JANSUS:cool: :D:cool:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I have tried but their inboxes are full.