Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thank you. There are two possible routes here. You could sue DPD – and then they would probably defend and they would also counterclaim for the unpaid delivery fee. Alternatively, they could go ahead and sue you and then you could counterclaim for the expenses of the damaged items. It would be better if they would sue you and the reason for that is that you would be the defendant and therefore if there was a hearing, it will be held at your local court which would save you a lot of inconvenience. If you sue them, then they become the defendant and if there was a hearing then it would be heard at their local court which means that you would have to travel and plan the logistics of this. Normally speaking you can counterclaim without paying a fee but where the value of a counterclaim is substantially greater than the value of the substantive claim, when you might have to pay a fee. If you with the claimant then you will certainly have to pay the fee anyway. So I suggest that your best interests are served by preparing to be sued and then if that happens then to defend and counterclaim. We will help you. If eventually they don't follow through with their threat, then you will have to sue them. Whichever is the case, you will need to be well prepared and that really means that you need to seek independent assessments and evaluations of the damage which has been caused and the value of putting it right. These independent assessments may cost you money – but eventually if you win then you will get this back. So for the moment, start gathering your evidence. Make sure that you are fully prepared with your independently verified documentation and then hope that they will follow through with their threat and sue you.
    • thanks for the response   The items arrived totally damaged and our customer sent them back and we had to re make all of the items again. This cost was just over £7000. Yes we are on a creidt type account, I asked for the compensation on the problem delivery and they decided to lie and cheat and then close the complaint. we did take photos and so did my customer, DPD said they could not use them as it didnt show enough detail. this again is untrue.    The invoice we are with holding is £530  We had to remake all of the work as mentioned above.    I hope this helps a little more  
    • Hi I use Martin Lewis Credit club and if I click on the defaults they say ‘account settled’ and the dates range from December 17 to Feb 18 under each tab. It also states the name of the new debt owner now and says last updated.    Will that be the default  dates or will I find it elsewhere?         
    • Hi Andy, yes they did + another £600 for flush and repair! I was surprised that they just accepted the FOS terms without a whimper. Cheque received and cashed.     @dx100uk Agreed. I read people having similar issues with getting repairs from ASG, not sure if it was on here or another site but they seem to adopt the same line about it being the customers responsibility to keep their system fresh and clean. My system was powerflushed in 2016 and by 2018 it was similar to having 4 blocked arteries. I have my doubts as to whether it was done.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 10 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I work in the private sector. Now I need to discuss with occup. health my health conditions. Previously it was not a problem but now they say I need a referral from my manager or HR dept. I do not want to tell my manager the details of my health conditions. I phoned HR and told them that I need a referral. They said they can't do it, it has to come via my manager. What can I do now? Any suggestions? Thank you very much for your advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Your manager has no right to your medical details what so ever and should be told so by occy health nor does hr,You can discus your health details with occy health but they cannot disclose this information to anyone,I would insist your medical details stay in the medical dept but you should also note any medical data you disclose oral or written can be put in your medical file,So be careful what you disclose i would not give your manager or hr any medical information they would not give theres to you i hope you understand what im saying,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your medical condition will affect your work or if your work can exacerbate your condition, it is imperitive that your manager know about this so that reasonable adjustments to your job can be made.


If the Occupational Health department is contracted by your employers then yes your employers have a right to the report. They are paying for the referral and for the report, which your manager must see so that an appropriate risk assessment and reasonable adjustments can be made.


What they don't have a right to are your private medical records unless you give consent for it to be released to them.


Why wouldn't you want your manager to know? I have a condition where I need reasonable adjustments and although my manager is fully aware of my condition and has a copy of the medical report from occupational health, he has no knowledge of any other ailments I have had, only the one specific to my job.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I work in the public sector and my Manager has been my best friend in getting me help.

I have been off sick since last September. He is in almost daily email contact,phones me with any news and takes me out for lunch at least once a month!

He is trying through my HR and a private health solutions company to get me ill health retirement. He knows about my condition and is very discreet.

Obviously not all managers are the same and in the private sector may not have the resources to be as understanding or helpful.

You may think my manager is a touchy feely person but nothing could be further from the truth. He hates malingerers,works very hard at his job and expects the same from his team. He is 56 a non drinker but always puts his hand in his pocket. He will regularly buy his team of 10 breakfast but expects and gets respect. Sorry this went a bit off theme and it looks like I`m in love with my manager but he is a one off. Maybe you have the same?




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eyeball...thats great for you and very glad you have such an understanding manager, but not all managers are like this sadly, ive had first hand experience.


Agatha, i would go via your GP, they can refer you to an Occupational Therapist; that way you dont need to disclose too much to work at the moment until you get some more advice etc.


Hope this helps :)

XXX Banking Plc: (Cant Disclose for Legal Reasons at the mo)


Sexual Discrimination/Breach of DPA 1998 Letter before Action Sent : 03/06/2009 :| (Delivered 05/06/2009)


<Response to settle to be received from them no later than 23/06/2009 or court papers filed>


Response received on 25/06/09 but dated 23/06/09


Tribunal CMD to be held via telephone on 31/08/09

Pre-Hearing Review Date to be set

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...