You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Captain Wesker

Previous Employer giving false reference.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3916 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My previous employer has stated in references that I had 3 unauthorized absences.

I had none, the dates in question I agreed with my manager I would not return to work, in exchange for handing in my resignation.

I attempted to query it and the company is now refusing to discuss it, they just keep stating the matter is closed and they will not talk further. I have asked repeatedly for them to clarify exactly what they have down for those supposed absences, but they are refusing.

Also, my Manager, when asked for a reference, was asked if he would employ me again, and if no to give a reason, he put no and refused to put why. Is this a bad reference, given the reason he is putting no is due to me filing a grievance against him and winning?

If your previous firm has given out false information (and you can prove this) they you potentially have a claim against them for any losses you suffer as a result.

This is why many firms refuse to give references apart from confirming dates of employment etc which can also cause problems for former employees.

Your second point about your former manager is harder to prove. If he is asked if he would employ you again and says "no" this is very hard to argue against. You would need to come up with proof that this cannot be a valid opinion (e.g. glowing appraisements, promotions, comments to other staff etc) To some extent he only starts to dig a hole for himself if he says why which is probably the reason he won't!

If you have any legal insurance (house / car / union etc) it may be worth asking them if they will take action on the first point. Otherwise paying for a letter from a solicitor may make them more careful next time they are asked.

PLEASE NOTE:

I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3916 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you