You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

vvv16v

Disciplinary hearing at work - Director as investigator and Chairman ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4019 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have an disciplinary hearing at work next week -- i understand the procedure -- one thing i don't understand, is it right for the Director of my firm to be able to gather all the Evidence and also sit as the Chairman of the disciplinary hearing -- surely he will not be impartial -- any help would be appreciated.

there is no legal requirement for the chairman of the hearing to be anyone in particular, however you should make note of this during the proceedings and make sure it is entered into the notes that you protest that the person who is directly involved in the grievance is also the person who is conductiong what is supposedly a fair and impartial process.

make sure as well that you take along a companion, this is a legal right under the employment relations act 1999 and your employer is obliged to allow you to have a companion.

if they refuse this you should not attend the hearing and make a statement in writing and hand it to them that you will continue to refuse to attend any and all hearings until such time as which you are allowed to exersize your legal entitlement, and that should they attempt to penalise you for this, or dismiss you for this reason, then you will not hesitate in lodging for an employment tribunal for victimisation and unfair dismissal.