You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

GBJudge

Direct debt payments right to cancel

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have an issue with an web hosting company and im not sure what to do next.

I Paid heart Internet for Reseller Hosting by card to witch they activated straight away, at the time of that payment i had funds in the bank but by the time they took payment i did not (wife issue) so they canceled my access to this account forth with.

The DD for the account that i set up went out four weeks later but they still will not let me have my hosting account untill i pay for the missing payment.

Now they have had One full months payment but only provided One weeks access, so my argument is were even can i have my account back, they have said no unless i clear the balence, my reply to them was "You want me to pay again before i get access witch wrks out at Two months payments for just one weeks hosting",

They still say they want payment so i said i am giving you notice that i am canceling the direct debt mandate so you can no longer take moneys from my account, they replyed

Thanks for the reply. As per our terms and conditions we require 72 hours notice before renewals to get hosting cancelled to prevent this from happening. Cancelling a Direct Debit does not cancel the hosting with us and the service is provided for the grace period after this.

4.10 All services will renew until cancelled by the customer. Heart

Internet emails the customers primary email address prior to renewal of

services, it is the customers responsibility to cancel services prior to

renewal as no refund can be made once renewal has occurred. Customers

must notify us at least 72 hours before a service is renewed if they

wish to cancel that service. The cancellation process must be fully

completed by you before your account is cancelled.

Best Wishes

Wayne Jordan

Heart Internet Support

Im at a loss here as i understood that you must inform the drawer and the bank that i wish to cancel the DD and that would be enought to stop it.

Any help or advice would be great.

GBJudge

Yes cancellation will stop the payment, but not their right to that money. You have to give 72 hours (sounds reasonable) and pay until the cancellation is complete.

Thanks Conniff

I gave them notice yesterday and payments would be due by the end of this month, i assume thats enough notice?

Don't forget to cancel the DD with the bank.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Yep did that today and i have told heart the same, what next if they do take a DD payment? it has been known!

Yep did that today and i have told heart the same, what next if they do take a DD payment? it has been known!

If it has been cancelled at the bank, then the bank will have to do a refund.