bearing v Barclays Partner Finance ***CASE WON*** probably !!

bearing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bearing,

I sincerely trust you have sent them a similar text !!

;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

My Draft order for directions, could you give your opinion please slick. :)

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

d) Copy of default notice served upon the Claimant;

e) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon;

If the claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

c) If such a charge is alleged to not be a penalty, all facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was not a penalty and thus reasonable;

d) A copy of the default notice served upon the Claimant, that is in the prescribed format laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and Amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237);

e) Any witness statements;

f) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon;

g) If copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to:

i) A copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents.

ii) A copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s).

iii) Copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with.

iv) Copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards.

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

Hi Bearing

The Draft Directions look fine up to The Defendant's requirement, part F.

After that, you refer to evidence about documents, etc. Can you confirm on what basis you seek the removal of adverse credit data. Is it because of a faulty DN.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Bearing

The Draft Directions look fine up to The Defendant's requirement, part F.

After that, you refer to evidence about documents, etc. Can you confirm on what basis you seek the removal of adverse credit data. Is it because of a faulty DN.

Yes that is my reasoning behind it, I don't believe the DN they served me with is pursuant with the prescribed layout, will part g be okay with regards to the default?

What do I need to enter into section G, obviously I need to refer to the draft directions, but what else? do I need to enter the required length of the hearing in there?

Edited by bearing

Hi there, just preparing to print off my Draft Directions for my AQ and just need a bit of reassurance before I drop it into the court today.

The AQ is in reference to a case against Barclays Partner Finance, which can be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/209039-bearing-barclays-partner-finance.html

This is my Draft Order

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

d) Copy of default notice served upon the Claimant;

e) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon;

If the claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

c) If such a charge is alleged to not be a penalty, all facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was not a penalty and thus reasonable;

d) A copy of the default notice served upon the Claimant, that is in the prescribed format laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and Amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237);

e) Any witness statements;

f) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon;

g) If copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to:

i) A copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents.

ii) A copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s).

iii) Copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with.

iv) Copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards.

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

And this is what I have done for Section G - Other information

N149 - Allocation Questionnaire

Section G - Other information

If the court is in agreement, it is respectfully suggested that special directions may be given as per the attached draft order.

The Claimant proposes these directions in mind of the Overriding Objectives, and in particular the duty of the parties to help the court further them. The issues outlined below are the crux upon which this claim rests, and the proposed directions identify these issues and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously;

If the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial as is indicated by its defence, I would contend that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe the outstanding issues to be of fact. According, I would respectfully request that this claim is allocated to the small claims track, and estimate that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

In the box for section G on the AQ itself I've put

Please find attached the following

a) Section G - Other information

b) Draft order for directions

Does this look okay?

Edited by bearing

Barclays miss a second deadline.

Just contacted the local court, they haven't received the AQ from them, Notice sent out tomorrow giving them a further seven days.

Why are they unable to stick to strict deadlines?

Hi Bearing,

I assume you mean the court is writing to them giving a final 7 days to file the AQ.

Just want to check that YOU are not reminding Barclays. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the Notice of Allocation.

Seems the district judge is happy with my AQ

The defendant shall etc.

1) Identify under which contractual provision such charge was made;

2) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

3) If such a charge is alleged to not be a penalty, all facts and matters intended to be relied upon following the basis upon which the charge was calculated;

4) A list of all cases to be relied upon;

5) Any witness statements;

6) A copy of the default notice served upon the claimant;

• 3 weeks later...

I see what you are getting at but I think you are better to File and Serve the Bundle just before the deadline.

This leaves Barclays in the dark about what your next move is, until you make it. The less time they have to prepare, the better.

Do they have the same deadline to File and Serve their Bundle, or is it later than yours.

So your Bundle needs to go in next week. You have to watch these deadlines v carefully - your case could be thrown out for missing one. :eek:

Save on postage by hand-delivering to the court.

And take the Barclays copy to a branch with the package addressed to HQ in London. Get them to sign and date stamp a receipt for it.

:)

So your Bundle needs to go in next week. You have to watch these deadlines v carefully - your case could be thrown out for missing one. :eek:

Save on postage by hand-delivering to the court.

And take the Barclays copy to a branch with the package addressed to HQ in London. Get them to sign and date stamp a receipt for it.

:)

Everything is hand delivered to the court, hadn't thought about the Barclays Branch idea though, cheers for that.

I may post up a list of everything in my bundle, if I do could you just give it the once over?

• 4 weeks later...

Could you move this to the 'Won' section please slick, finally got it all sorted and I'm happy with the outcome.

Afraid I can't say any more apart from thanks to all those who have helped me through this.

Expect a donation once the money has cleared.

Hi Bearing and CONGRATULATIONS on what must be your WIN !! :D

Although I assume you will not comment further due to reasons of confidentiality. ;) Well done for seeing it through to the end.

Your donation will be greatly appreciated and will assist others behind you. :)

Thread title changed accordingly.

Congratulations - your perseverence paid off, so happy for you!

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D