You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you. There are two possible routes here. You could sue DPD – and then they would probably defend and they would also counterclaim for the unpaid delivery fee. Alternatively, they could go ahead and sue you and then you could counterclaim for the expenses of the damaged items. It would be better if they would sue you and the reason for that is that you would be the defendant and therefore if there was a hearing, it will be held at your local court which would save you a lot of inconvenience. If you sue them, then they become the defendant and if there was a hearing then it would be heard at their local court which means that you would have to travel and plan the logistics of this. Normally speaking you can counterclaim without paying a fee but where the value of a counterclaim is substantially greater than the value of the substantive claim, when you might have to pay a fee. If you with the claimant then you will certainly have to pay the fee anyway. So I suggest that your best interests are served by preparing to be sued and then if that happens then to defend and counterclaim. We will help you. If eventually they don't follow through with their threat, then you will have to sue them. Whichever is the case, you will need to be well prepared and that really means that you need to seek independent assessments and evaluations of the damage which has been caused and the value of putting it right. These independent assessments may cost you money – but eventually if you win then you will get this back. So for the moment, start gathering your evidence. Make sure that you are fully prepared with your independently verified documentation and then hope that they will follow through with their threat and sue you.
    • thanks for the response   The items arrived totally damaged and our customer sent them back and we had to re make all of the items again. This cost was just over £7000. Yes we are on a creidt type account, I asked for the compensation on the problem delivery and they decided to lie and cheat and then close the complaint. we did take photos and so did my customer, DPD said they could not use them as it didnt show enough detail. this again is untrue.    The invoice we are with holding is £530  We had to remake all of the work as mentioned above.    I hope this helps a little more  
    • Hi I use Martin Lewis Credit club and if I click on the defaults they say ‘account settled’ and the dates range from December 17 to Feb 18 under each tab. It also states the name of the new debt owner now and says last updated.    Will that be the default  dates or will I find it elsewhere?         
    • Hi Andy, yes they did + another £600 for flush and repair! I was surprised that they just accepted the FOS terms without a whimper. Cheque received and cashed.     @dx100uk Agreed. I read people having similar issues with getting repairs from ASG, not sure if it was on here or another site but they seem to adopt the same line about it being the customers responsibility to keep their system fresh and clean. My system was powerflushed in 2016 and by 2018 it was similar to having 4 blocked arteries. I have my doubts as to whether it was done.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 10 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
cal21c

Capital One - CCA received but NO SIGNATURE!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I really hope someone can give me some advice on this one.

Capital One is my main bugbear. Sent my 14 day CCA request and did not get anything back. After my second letter, I received a "copy" of the CCA, unsigned by either myself or the company. Oh, and a copy of the Terms and Conditions!!!! I queried this and they said that it was a true copy. Sent another complaint letter and eventually got a "Final Response" letter.

Please see:

CAP1Final1BL.jpg

19062009CAP1FinalReply10001.jpg

19062009CAP1FinalReply10002.jpg

I haven't replied to this and now I have a letter from CAPQUEST:

20090708-CapitalOneNoticeBL.jpg

Now where do I stand? Surely if they do not have a Signed CCA then it is unenforceable? Does anyone have a letter I can send to CapOne (or cap quest) saying unequivically that the CCA needs to be signed???

Help please!!!!

Thanks,

Cal

I'd be tempted to send them Scots letter below & see what their response is;

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, the contents of which are noted. I appreciate your quick response to my original letter. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request remains outstanding. The items you sent in your reply, does not constitute a true copy of any credit agreement that may or may not have been signed by me on the opening of this account. It neither confirms that I am liable for any alleged debt to you, nor gives me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until XX/XX/2008 to provide me with the true copy I requested. You are now in default of my request. Any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agency.

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the customer to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Whilst you remain in default of my request, you are not permitted to take any action against this account. This includes adding further charges and passing any information to the credit reference agencies.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

**amend to suit your circumstances.**

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Good God That Is The Most Red One I Have Seen.

Blood Red Me Thinks

Hang It In The Loo

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

i may be wrong but because you are disputing with cap 1 isn't there a law saying they cannot pass it /sell it on

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Capquest is Cap1's in-house collection team.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh, my bad.

i feel sorry lol

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Thanks for all the responses, especially to cerberus - that is exactly the kind of letter I wanted!

Yup that is one Red Letter! I almost laughed when I saw it - though I did worry initially.

If they keep saying that what they have sent is a true copy and I still keep saying that it is not as it is not a signed agreement - is that stalemate? What would the next move be?

Cal

Just one further question - should I send the letter to Cap One directly or to CapQuest?

Send it to Capquest. Eventually they'll sell it on to another bottom feeding DCA. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Cerberus!

Does it ever end? :-)

As daft as it sounds once you've learned the system & how to deal with them, you'll look back on it all when it's finished & miss the fun you've had.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just received the signature-less "CCA" and copy of terms and conditions too. Copy of the above letter will go out shortly!

Hi I have recently just started this whole process and wrote to my credit card companies asking for signed copies of my CCA.

Several have replied with unsigned copies which I will be following up with the letter.

In addition Sainsburys and Halifax sent unsigned copies with the following statement in their cover letter;

" The copy of the agreement enclosed with this letter complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. Regulation 3(2)(b) provides that a copy can omit any signature box, signature or date of signature. in summary we are not required to produce a copy with your signature on it."

Can anyone advise on how I can still ask them to produce signed copies?

Sunny, you'd be better off starting your own thread about each of your cards so that you can get advice specific to your situation :)

It's interesting that other banks are quoting those 1983 regulations. Have their lawyers perhaps got together and dreamed this up in answer to the increasing number of CCA requests they're receiving?

I have checked the relevent act online and what they are stating is actually written in the act. I am a bit lost as to whether I can still demand a signed copy under the 1974 act or not