Advice On O/c Refusing To Remove Default

Livis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you received the 'Notice of Termination' on this a/c?

If you haven't you have unfortunately alerted them to the defective termination notice. The upside is they are being arrogant in believing that it is correctly served which could be your saving grace.

Personally, I would wait and do nothing for the time being. A problem I can see arising is if you accept their offer and they offset it against your a/c it could be seen as you making a payment and give them the opportunity to to reissue the DN.

Hello thankyou for your quick reply :)

Just had a dig through my ikea file, and i've found a letter from dec 08 saying..

"Your account is offically in default.

Your account has now been closed and the balance of £576.85 is payable in full by the 20th February 09.

If we do not recieve full payment by above date then we will register your default with a credit reference agency and pass your account to a debt recovery agent"

So does this mean the account is terminated?

I'm a little bit confused now, as looking through the file they seem to issue default notices like confetti!!!

Just found another 3 dating back to 2007.

Also looked at the CCA which was in the SAR that i requested and that has absolutely no prescribed terms on it at all?

Do you think i should have a look at my credit report and see how many defaults they have actually registered against me?

I'm undecided what course of action to take now with this one??

:confused::confused::confused:

Hello all,

I was thinking of accepting ikano's offer to remove all the charges that they apply.

This will then clear the account.

Then take up the issue of the default later??

What do you think ?

They say i only have 21 days to accept their offer ?

:confused: