CCA pound question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently sent a i pound postal order CCA request to a DCA with the standard letter saying not to use it for any other purpose than the CCA.

Anyways I haven't heard anything from the original OC (Lombard D) other than sending me a 'statement' with the 1 pound credited off the balance!

I have also recieved a letter saying that the DCA has requested a copy of the

CCA from the Lom D and will be in touch, but that's it.

Any ideas of what I should do about this and I did clearly state not to use the

postal order for anything else?

If they are still going to comply with the CCA request then I wouldn't worry too much.

I would be very annoyed if they used it to pay off some of the debt and weren't going to supply you with the CCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

as long as its in your original cca request sent by recorded delievery, you will be fine

a trick by these scumbags is to sell the debt to another dca when they cant collect from you,

they then use that pound credited to the account as acknowledgement of the debt to restart the statute of limitations

keep your original request and track and trace number in a very safe place

you may need it 4 years down the line

ime not kidding on this

bloody hell bazooka

are you psychic

thats twice:)

No Just sober:D:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Also, does any1 know that if you have been paying token payments to an account and they can't supply a CCa, does that mean they can still enforce it you have been making payments prior?

If that makes sense...:?

Also, does any1 know that if you have been paying token payments to an account and they can't supply a CCa, does that mean they can still enforce it you have been making payments prior?

If that makes sense...:?

As long as the token payments are what you can afford and you're being honest about it a court would make them look pretty stupid for bringing action when you have tried to pay.

So should I stop paying them if they don't produce a valid CCA? The payments are pretty small (I literally can't afford any more at the moment.)

but if it does go to court (without a CCA) would the payments be seen as an admission of debt?

So should I stop paying them if they don't produce a valid CCA? The payments are pretty small (I literally can't afford any more at the moment.)

but if it does go to court (without a CCA) would the payments be seen as an admission of debt?

NO!

No CCA is a full defence. If it's been 14 days since you sent your request, stop paying.

JOgs

Part of me kind of wants it to go to court I think (although another part doesn't) just to stop the constant hassle/stress. I don't own anything really, some clothes but thats about it. A pen also.

No CCA is a full defence.

Sometimes, but not all the time and it isn't bullet proof.

I believe that sometimes the £ is taken so that they can show the OC that they have collected something and this prevents the OC from pulling back the debt and then giving to someone else. I've never heard of one trying to use it to reset the LA though. Just because I ain't seen it, don't mean it don't happen though. Never seen a kangaroo, don't mean they don't exist.

Just bumping this. Does anyone know the answer? : If I've just received a statement detailing token payments made to a DCA from the original OC does that mean the loan hasn't actually been sold on but is still with the original OC?

Thanks

Just bumping this. Does anyone know the answer? : If I've just received a statement detailing token payments made to a DCA from the original OC does that mean the loan hasn't actually been sold on but is still with the original OC?Thanks

Who did you ask for the information?

If you asked the DCA, and they don't have the information, they will then go back to the OC to retrieve it.

If you asked the OC for the information, then if they have sold the debt on, they will tell you to contact the DCA in question who is asking you for payment, as it is nothing to do with them.

However, some OC's like to give the impression that they are mightier than they actually are, for example, 'Halifax', if you default with them especially with a credit card, they will send you threatogrammes from their 'appointed DCA' called Blair Oliver & Scott, who are in reality Halifax BOS.

So it may be the case that your DCA, whoever they are? Are in fact Lombard, which is why you have received the statement from Lombard:confused:

Hi thanks, yes I think you may be right, I think they may be one and the same. Do original lendings tend to keep bad loans and receive a token payment for years as this is what seems to be happening here? I'm suprised they haven't given up and sold it on.

Hi thanks, yes I think you may be right, I think they may be one and the same. Do original lendings tend to keep bad loans and receive a token payment for years as this is what seems to be happening here? I'm suprised they haven't given up and sold it on.

Whats the name of the DCA? Have you tried searching their name out?

OC's normally keep the account until they can sell it on, as, when they sell it they can recoup some of the loss to the DCA they sell it too and then claim the rest of their insurance!:eek: