You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
GetYourHandsOfMyStack

Does going over your o/d limit affect your credit rating?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks, and have just filled out inof for a Maras credit check as the letting agent requires it. After thinking about is, I've got a bit stressed about my credit rating!. I'm currently over my overdraft limt by £170 (and won't be able to pay this off until I get paid at the end of the month) and have been going over it by about this for the last 6 months due to an original mismanagement 6 months ago, followed by a HUGE charge form HSBC, which i couldn't afford, which caused me to have to go over the next month, and get another huge charge etc. etc. I know this was very stupid, but i wasnt expecting to have to move so soon, and though i'd get things sorted before i had to rely on my credit rating again.

I've just rung HSBC, and they told me that going over the overdraft limit damages my credit rating - which I didnt think it did..? now i'm worried I'll fail the credit score and wont get the flat I need.

Could anyone tell me if HSBC are right please?

An overdraft is agreed by the bank so it is perfectly ok to use it. As long as you stay within the agreed limit then it shows on your file as a positive entry.

It is negative if you go over your limit and will be recorded on your file.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

hi james - cheers for that. do you know if its just a minor offence, or if it'll seriously affect my rating? i have a loan and credit cards which i pay off every month, which I guess would be a positive - are these likely to offset this?

I was credit checked by a lettings agency about 18m ago. At the time, they explained that they were seeking to ascertain I had no adverse info, eg CCJs & defaults, rather than to credit score me or assess my credit worthiness.

Do you know which CRA the lettings agency will use? They should tell you this if you ask them. Have you checked your CRA file? I would suggest doing so - it will show if your o/d info has been recorded.

BTW not all banks report to all CRAs, and some report varying amounts of detail, so you may be lucky!

Cheers Lucy - the referencing Agency is Maras, apparently its the most commonly used. Am glad you said its prob just for defaults and ccj - havent got any of those so will be ok i guess, was just stressing as total agency fees were £450 - and if you dont pass the check you loose all the money - nice eh?!

Oh I well remember the ridiculous amount of money I had to pay up front just to even be considered as a tenant!

From what I know, Maras will perform a search with a CRA & take up references for you, and advise the landlord/aganecy from there as to your suitability as a tenant.

I would still advise finding out which CRA Maras search at, and checking your file for this CRA - it's worth knowing even without the Maras check looming, if there's any risk of your little o/d trouble appearing on there. Be prepared and all that!

Good luck with Maras/Lettings Agency - hope you settle in to your new home soon!:cool: